Tears and Explanations

Trigger Warning: Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Depression(?), SELF HARM so if that's not your cup of tea, skip to the next chapter, or leave this story now because there will be more.

(Natalie's P.O.V)

I immediately rush to Ava's aid as soon as I see her fall. "Will! Help me lift Ava into a treatment room!" I yell to will as soon as I see him rushing towards us.

"Maggie! Call Connor! Ava's passed out!" Will yells.

"Got it!" Maggie replies as she gets her phone out. Will and I get Ava into a room and April walks in a few seconds later.

"Hey, connect Ava onto monitors and get LABS done," I say to her. April nods her head and begins hooking her up to leads. I walk out of the room, then April calls me back.

"Hey, Dr. Manning, come take a look at Ava," I walk back into Ava's room, April has got a gown on the edge of the bed and Ava's shirt is off. I take a good look at Ava and notice that she's extremely underweight. I get out the blood sugar monitor and test Ava.

"3.8," I start, "that's why she fainted, hold the LABS, we'll wait and see what Connor says." At that second, Connor walks in.

I finish explaining what happened to Ava to Connor and he walks out with tears of guilt in his eyes. I look over towards Ava, and I notice that she's waking up. "Ava?" I ask her. Ava looks up at me.

"Natalie?" She slurs, "What happened?"

"You passed out from low blood sugar," I explain.

"Connor?" She says with tears welling in her eyes.

"He's here. He's just gone out to get a drink," as if on cue, Connor walks.

"Avey? Here, have a chocolate bar," he says as he walks up to Ava."

"Hey, Connor, do you mind if I go get Dr. Charles so you can tell me everything? Including the bandages?" I ask Connor.

"Yeah, alright. I'm not 100% sure what's under the bandages, but I have a strong feeling," he replies. I nod my head and walk out. I get out my iPad to page Dr. Charles, but then I see him across the E.D.

I explain the whole situation to Dr. Charles and then he follows me to Ava's room.

(Ava's P.O.V)

"Hi, Dr. Bekker, Dr. Rhodes," Dr. Charles starts, "I heard what happened Ava, are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, maybe. I don't really know," I reply. Connor looks at me with so much love in his eyes.

"Ava, do you want me to say everything?" Connor asks me.

"Yeah," I whisper.

Connor takes a deep breath, "Ava has a history of self-harm," he starts. Connor continues the whole story as I watch Dr. Charles take notes, "I also haven't really seen her eat anything in a while now that I think about it," he adds at the end. I take a deep breath and begin to cry. "Avey? Are you okay, sweetie?" I shake my head furiously. Connor pulls me into his chest and I cry.

"There's more, isn't there?" Dr. Charles asks, concerned.

I nod my head, "yeah," I start, "It's my mother. She called me a fat-ass and that made me really insecure. I was afraid that Connor wouldn't love me if I'm fat, so, I stopped eating altogether," I say while crying.

"Avey, I love you no matter what!" Connor hugs me and whispers.

"What about the bandages?" Dr. Charles asks.

(Connor's P.O.V)

"It was a really shitty day, and I just wanted to go home and rest," Ava starts.

"Do you remember what happened that day?" Asks Dr. Charles.

"Yeah, um, I know Dr. Latham yelled at me for some reason, a patient yelled at me for doing a surgery wrong and then leaving the wrong scar, and I over-ate," Ava takes a shaky breath before continuing, "I was so overwhelmed and I needed a release. Once I got home, I locked myself in the bathroom, got out my razor blade, and cut my wrist 5 times," Ava starts sobbing.

"Avey, why didn't you tell me?" I ask with tears in my eyes.

"I was afraid that you would send me to get help and I didn't want that!" Ava yells.

"Ava, calm down. We could have just talked through it!" Ava's breathing starts to get heavy and her heart rate starts to rise.

"Ava? Ava, are you okay?" Dr. Charles asks.

Ava shakes her head and wheezes out, "I... I... Pa-nic A-ttack!"

"Connor, put the oxygen mask on her, we won't sedate her unless we have to," Dr. Charles says calmly. I nod my head and grab the oxygen mask and place it on her face.