Chapter 15: The Big Five Wolf Pack

Start from the beginning

      "Oh." Sophia couldn't decide what to think. The emotions raging through her mind; sadness, anger, hope and loss, were jumbled in one big mess and she couldn't tell where those feelings were directed at. Reliving her worst nightmare, the night at the bar? Watching Logan beat her douche-ex boyfriend up and get arrested for it? Realizing his stubbornness and loyalty to her, despite her flaws were a few of the many reasons Sophia had fallen in love with her best friend? Finding out she could control water? Learning that by being one of the most powerful people in the world, her biological mother-the woman she saw just once in a dream- was dead? 

     Ashton wrapped his arms around her. Then, Violet, Rosemary and Etsuki joined in the hug, in silence.

      They knew better than anyone all they needed was each other, with or without the empty comfort in words.

Time was running out. Ashton and the girls knew this. They didn't know how they knew it. All five of them walked into the main hall together.

      Adrian and Andrew's breakfast lay untouched on the conference table as the duo listened attentively to Logan. The other Alpha seemed to be in the middle of a briefing, with smartphones, printed CCTV footage and phone records. The three men turned at the sound of footsteps. 

      Adrian's red-rimmed eyes could not be more obvious.

     Violet was the first to make her move. She ran towards her boyfriend and tiptoed to hug him. The Alpha buried his face in the crook of her shoulders and said nothing. There were no words to explain the feeling of losing the only family you had left. The image of the evil man in her simulation faded away as Violet focused all her attention on the heartbroken man who truly loved her right here.

     A minute passed in silence. Logan packed all his equipment and documents; Sophia didn't think of seeing what was written on them. His eyes first landed on Sophia, who sort of drifted towards him. He looked tired, the bags sagging under his eyes. "I'm sorry about your mom, Soph."

     She shrugged. "I don't know what to feel about losing a mother I never knew."

     "The grieving process takes a lifetime. You don't need to feel now." He held her hand and spoke loudly so everyone could hear him. "When we pulled all of you out from the Testing Room, there was blood everywhere. Then.....this appeared. He pointed to writings on the walls, written in their blood.

The Big Five you won't expect, 

Powers unleashed yet wolf still intact,

There will come betrayal and stabs in backs,

For it will take one to best the beast in black.

      Violet knelt forward to take a closer of look. The bloodstains were dry. Must've been there for quite some time.

      "What is it?" Ashton asked.

     "A prophecy," Andrew concluded, crossing his arms across his chest. "Most probably about you five. If interpreted correctly, this could be a lead on how to beat the Seekers."

     Rosemary's face wrinkled in confusion. "But we have the Piece. Doesn't that mean we've already won?"

     Adrian shook his head. "Far from it. The Piece is not the only way to find the Holy Grail. If we don't stop them, Denisovich and Sarlov will become immortal....and raise an army of immortal werewolves to conquer the world."

Adrian kept to his word and remained silent the entire time Logan convinced him of his request.