Uncomfy

Sleeping in denim was always uncomfortable. You unluckily forgot to slip them off last night. Trading them for leggings and a skirt, you looked at the marks it left behind before slipping them odd. It was pretty oddly interesting to see imprints. Humans are squishy, so it's easy to leave a mark, but it's always weird and fascinating to see. To trace those bumps and wonder what else can be imprinted? Maybe you'll stick with temporary tattoos instead of imprints. Oh, yeah! Frank had a tattoo too. It was a neat skull one with flames and stuff, wonder when he got it.

"(Y/N)! I made breakfast!" You snapped out of your daze when you heard your mom. She usually was at work during this time, so she might be running late. However! Mom could have a day off and you could tell about what you learned from Sam or share the book you checked out for the umpteenth time after school! With hope, you swung down the stairs, shoving clothes on and grabbing your unpacked bag. You jumped on the last stepped and hugged your mom. Her embrace felt nice and comforting, but she slowly pushed you off to grab a bag. Noticing her uniform, your smile faltered, "Honey, I'm running late to work. I made some eggs and toast before you leave."

You wanted to throw a tantrum, argue, fight, anything to get your mind out there, "...mom."

"Yeah, honey?"

You knew you couldn't. You didn't want mom to feel bad for having a job, she needs the money. You feel like you don't have any right to complain. Plus, your voice was too shaky, she wanted a strong girl, not a crybaby, ".. I-uh, need more money for lunch..."

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I forgot!" Mom was already half way through the door, "I'll transfer more money after work. Be a strong girl and I'll bring you something nice to eat at home." And with a kiss goodbye, mom left.

Nothing could be done, you raised your own hopes up from day dreaming. The eggs were cold, so at least she tried to make them in time for you. Effort. That's all you could ask of her for now. Be mother's little brave sailor.

Today at school was boring. Your mood was soured in the morning, but you made an effort to smile for Frank, Sam, Eddie and Lillia. But, Frank wasn't here today, so it was only for the after school activities, the book scouring with Sam. Everything just seemed indifferent today. Homework was done as usual, the walk to home was lonely as well. Maybe it was the snow, it looks a little harsher as it got later. Geez, even the weather was lame. Nothing felt optimistic about the weather, just indifference. You'll get over what mom said, you felt like there was no choice but to.