Chapter 29- Maybe This Could Work

~Alexis' POV~

"Ben I-"

"Hello I am sorry to intrude but if you guys are finished could you please pay and leave. We have a lot of people wanting tables." Jess said impatiently.

"Okay I'll pay and we will be on our way." I said as I searched my bag for my bank card.

"Here you go miss." Ben said and handed Jess his card.

"Ben I'll pay you didn't even get anything to eat." I sighed while still searching for my card.

"I don't care I would do anything for you." Ben said softly as he got his card back off of Jess after she swiped it.

She nodded to us and walked off. I grabbed my bag and stood up waiting for Ben to stand up. We both walked out together but keeping our distance. We began to walk down the road in complete silence.

"What were you going to say sweety." Ben stopped us from walking any further.

"I was going to say... Ben I can't be with you." I sighed as a tear rolled down my face.

"Why not." Ben now had tears in his eyes and he was gripping onto my wrists but not too tightly.

"Because I am sick of being hurt. I'm always in constant pain from either loving you or you breaking me." I cried.

"Please I can show you I can change." Ben pleaded and cried. "This can't be the end of us. I love you."

"I love you too Ben but we are always on repeat. We get together. You do something that breaks me. You apologies. I forgive you and it happens over and over again until one day I will finally crack." I sobbed.

"I can't change Alexis please. I can change. You leaving me will drive me insane." Ben sobbed.

"All of this has turned me insane Ben. I don't know how much I can deal before something bad happens." I cried.

"Baby please don't do this too me." Ben cried.

"Show me I can trust you again. Show me you can be there for me just as a friend. And then if you can we can go back to the way we were. But for now I just need a friend." I sniffled.

"I would do anything for you." Ben sniffled and pressed his forehead against mine and wrapped me into a hug.

"Just friends." I whispered into his ear.

"For now." He whispered back into mine.

I moved away from Ben and started walking again side by side with Ben. You don't understand how much I just want to grab his face and kiss him but I need to know I can trust him first.

We finally made it back to the house in silence. We never breathed another word to each other. Ben opened the door for me in which I thanked him and walked into the living room as Ben soon followed.

"How was your- I see Ben found you." Jodie sighed as Ben and I stood in the door way of the living room.

"You knew he was coming to find me?" I asked as I went to sit down next to Jodie and James.

"Well after you and Adam left he ran out of the house shouting I need to find her." James sighed.

"I take it your date with Adam go to plan then?" Jodie sighed and glared at Ben.

"Well I don't know what happened to Adam but Ben showed up and he ran off. Me and Ben have decided to be just friends until o can trust him again." I said.

"I'm going to bed now. Goodnight mom and dad." I kissed James and Jodie on the cheek before giving Ben a hug and going to my bedroom.