You'll be alright

Start from the beginning

Your tears dry up and you find it hard to cry.

Depression is a storm; a storm that shows no mercy.

Your brain begins to form a controversy.

You're torn between what's right and what's wrong.

You know that you only get one life, but the nights seem so long.

I sighed and closed my notebook throwing it on my desk, I leaned back against my bed and sighed thinking about the poem. The door open and Ned looked shocked to see me on the floor.

"Are you alright Peter? Do you need me to call MJ?" Ned asked worriedly.

"No, no, no, I'm fine, I just stubbed my toe," I replied standing.

Ned chuckled and was obviously relieved that he didn't need to deal with another suicide attempt. Ned started studying while I went out patrolling. When I first moved to M.I.T New York was confused that Spider-Man started patrolling in the Massachusettes instead of Queens but after a few months, they got used to it. There wasn't much to do tonight so I swung around to MJ's dorm and climbed in through the window. MJ didn't have a roommate because most people were too intimidated by her which was fine by both of us, MJ smiled up at me from her desk and I pulled my mask off and kissed her before glancing over her work. I sat on her bed and we talked as she did her work and then she got me to correct it for her and it was all correct. We watched a movie on her laptop and she fell asleep halfway through, on my chest, I smiled down at her sleeping figure and ran my hands through her hair before falling asleep myself. 

I went through another day and after I finished my last class it was summer break. I was planning to visit Pepper later in the summer break and then spend a few weeks with MJ but I got a phone call from Pepper when I was in my dorm. 

"Hey Pepper, everything okay?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah everythings okay but will you be able to come down tomorrow? There's something we need to tell you and it's better to do it in person," Pepper said with a shaky voice.

"Is everyone okay? Is someone hurt?" I asked immediately thinking of the worst. 

"Everyone's fine, we just want you to meet someone," she replied.

"O-Okay, I'll see you tomorrow night then," I said.

"Okay, drive safe,"

"See ya,"

I hung up and let my phone fall to the floor as I looked up at the ceiling, Ned had already left to go visit his family because they were going on holidays in the Bahamas or something like that. I sat down at my desk and sighed again, I saw my notebook sitting on my desk and I open it to the other poem that my therapist made me write.

The night air seems light, you've decided to stop putting up a fight.

Suicidal thoughts come and go.

You're mentally drained from constantly putting on a show.

Exhaustion sets in and you start to give.

Day by day, you begin to lose your will to live.