XX • BLOOD BROTHERS

Beginne am Anfang

"It's alright. Talia will create a story for him and my mother." Kalista said, referring to their trustworty, personal handmaiden and Astrid Kartwright.

"My brother, Kalista and I brought you here last night. We found you dead in the woods." Emily, a powerful witch, informed him even further, thanks to the young banshee herself to have found the two deceased brothers with the exact same bullet wound in their abdomen, shot by an unknown man.

Stefan looks around once again, "Where's Damon? Am I...am I a...?" It would be a great shame to his strict father to become the thing he resents most; demons who feed on other people's blood, to mess with others' mind, to walk only during the night time — a living corpse, an undead vampire.

Kalista rubs his shoulder in an affectionate though comforting manner as she gently responded to his question, "Not yet. You're in transition."

He looks at her in pure confusion, frowning, "But how? I..."

"You had Katherine's blood in your system when you died." Emily stated; Katherine Pierce, after all, planned this whole thing from the very beginning. The woman wanted both of the Salvatore brothers.

He shakes his head in pure denial over this, "No. I never..."

"She's been compelling you to drink it for weeks, Stefan." Emily said, "You're experiencing the same thing with what has happened to Rosalina." His former fiancé, who was murdered on their tragic engagement day; whose throat was torn out mercilessly by the unreasonable Katherine. Although the witch remains to think that the young girl didn't deserve that.

Rosalina Kartwright was only an innocent martyr, one who loved too deeply. Stefan Salvatore loved her in return-- he has always loved her throughout their life when they start to become friends when they were only children. Her love brought her to her own demise when Katherine Pierce envied her; Stefan finally understands that now that his memories are coming back. Rosalina had both Salvatore brothers, her close family friends, and Katherine had them right after she murdered the young girl. This merciless, spontaneous replacement only bubbles up the anger inside of the younger brother. He wants to kill Katherine Pierce right then and there, if he ever sees that selfish, controlling harlot once again. Unbeknownst to her that Rosalina died with vampire blood in her system-- Pearl Zhu's. Emily Bennett would always protect the innocents at any cost, though she had failed to protect Rosalina in the first place due to the spontaneous murder. She will not make the same avoidable mistake with Stefan and Damon this time.

"What?" Stefan uttered and he shares with Kalista a mixture of surprise, puzzling and horrified look at what actually happened to her twin sister; which means that Rosalina Kartwright is still alive? As a vampire?

Kalista shakes her head in pure denial, "No. No, we...we buried her at the town cemetery. We attended her funeral. No, that was two weeks ago." Her sister cannot be a vampire. It would shame their entire respective family since both of their strict parents absolutely resent this twisted kind. If she really is a vampire, then who did they bury at the local cemetery? No one.

Stefan couldn't believe it either, even though a deep loving part inside of him truly hopes that Emily Bennett is right about his former fiancé; he needs her back, "It's true. I found her with her throat torn out in her bedroom after the engagement." Stefan sided with the youngest Kartwright sister. That engagement day would be the worst day of his entire short-lived life. After her death, he couldn't even set foot in the Kartwright manor without the tragic reminder of Rosalina Kartwright's inexplicable, tragic demise.