Izuku (21) x Shouto (20)

//Future // AU // Non-Canon //
Shouto sat at his desk, working on an assignment for a college class while his boyfriend, Izuku, slept in their bed behind him. He had stopped for a small break and, in the middle of a stretch, he heard Izuku whimper in his sleep. Shouto walked over to the side of the bed his lover laid on, concerned. He realized he must be having a nightmare.
"Nn.. no.. shouto..." Izuku mumbled in his sleep, "it burns..." Shouto became very worried and climbed under the covers with Izuku. Shouto put his arms around him and hugged him close. Izuku rolled over and hugged back, still quietly whining and whimpering. Shouto made his right side slightly cool and rubbed Izuku's back with the same hand. His whines became less and his breathing calmed down. Shouto stroked his hair gently and kissed his forehead.
"I love you," he spoke gently, not wanting to wake his boyfriend up. He glanced at the clock, it reading 23:45, and decided to go to bed. He gently stood and turned off the light and quickly slid back into bed next to the man he adored. Shouto kissed Izuku on the cheek and closed his eyes, holding him close to his body.

The next morning, Izuku awoke first. He snuggled up to Shouto and played with his hair softly. The other man then woke up, too, and, after sleepily processing Izuku's face, hugged his boyfriend tightly.
"Aww, someone's affectionate today, huh shouto?" Izuku teased.
"What did you dream about last night?" Shouto asked, still worried.
"Huh? Oh... uh, well..." Izuku hesitated, "I had a nightmare that we were back at the sports festival and after I gave you the whole speech about using your full quirk, you started... well, using it,"
"Izuku, I would never do anything to hurt you. I love you," Shouto almost cried at the thought of Izuku possibly being afraid of him.
"I love you, too, babe, why are you so upset?"
"I... don't want you to be afraid of me," Shouto said quietly. He kissed Izuku and ran his fingers through his messy green hair.
"I could never be afraid of you," Izuku reassured him, breaking the kiss momentarily, then continuing.