Andy and I kept up our traditions that we had when we were still living in Ohio. We opened the family presents before friends and other relatives came over to celebrate. So, Andy and I carried it on and opened our presents to each other first. 

We got down off the couch and crawled to the tree, Andy's iPod playing in the background. We gathered the gifts that we had bought each other. I had bought Andy two things, which were both very expensive, and a few t-shirts and pieces of jewelry. Andy had two packages in his right hand and was rubbing the back of his neck with his left, seemingly deep in thought. 

Andy leaned back against the couch and opened his legs wide so I could sit between them, I took my spot, my back against his chest and we traded one gift with each other. I gave him the lesser of the expensive items, setting aside the clothes for him to open later. He handed me a flat, rectangular package that dipped down a bit in the middle, like it was hollow. 

We opened our gifts leisurely, not in a big rush since the guys, twins, and Lottie wouldn't be over until later in the morning. 

I peeled back the red and green striped wrapping to my gift and about started crying at what was inside. It was a framed picture of the hill and gravestones where my grandparents lay. Andy seemed to have taken the time to actually drive up there one day and take a picture for me. To say the least, it was beautiful. The tree on top of the hill was lush and deep green. My grandparents' gravestones were clearly visible, blue forget-me-nots in a natural patch around them.  

Behind me, I heard Andy gasp and then hug me around the waist. I assumed he liked the limited edition Batman and Joker action figures I had gotten him. Okay, I had bought him three gifts, but I had to get Batman and the Joker together. I'm not going to even tell you how much I had to pay for melted down pieces of plastic. But I liked them, and Andy liked them, so I wasn't going to complain...too much. 

"Thank you, Zandy," he whispered in my hair, taking a deep breath. I chuckled. 

"And thank you, hair raper," I joked. Then I turned serious. "Thank you, you don't know how much this means to me." 

He dragged in a deep breath again. "You're most definitely welcome," he said in his husky voice. 

We gave each other the second present, opening these ones with the same leisure. 

This one was shaped like an oversized ring box, just shallower. I tore off the wrapping paper and saw the same velvety fabric of a ring box. I popped open the lid, hearing a small click meaning the box had only been opened a few times. I gasped and picked up the object from it's cushioned confines.  

I held in my hand a silver engraved bracelet. It's links were silver and shaped like infinity signs; it looked like pure silver. The little sections were held together by silver cables, like the ones you'd see on the inside of cords to electronics. On each section, Japanese symbols were written on the sides. It's hard to explain what they looked like, but there were four separate...vowels or sounds I guess. I believe that's how the Japanese use their writing. 

I slipped the bracelet on my left wrist, joining it with my other trillion bracelets. I smiled down at it, rotating it left and right to see how it looked. It definitely stood out from my other bracelets. 

Suddenly, I was being lifted up off the ground, just slightly, and moved to face Andy. He sat me down facing him, complete excitement and happiness in his eyes. I'm guessing he saw the comic book. 

The second thing I'd gotten him was the very first issue of The Batman comics. The original from the 1940's. If I didn't know differently, I'd say Andy looked like he was in love with me right now.