Three Words

"If it isnt the guy I love!"

It wasnt the first time Weisz had heard that word fall off of his lips, and it probably wasnt going to be the last time, either.

The blond-haired professor had been sat on one of the stools in edens kitchen, elbows propped up on the counter as he was tinkering away with some old scrap metal he had found on the ship.

That was until Shiki had entered the room and waved over to him... Weisz had already felt awkward before the boy had said anything, because 'Thwomp Boy', as he liked to call him; had 'confessed' to him a day prior.

The whole group had been in the briefing room, the blond-haired man going over how close they were to seeing Mother, and Rebecca had been complimenting him on his navigation skills, followed by a certain doe-eyed jet-black haired boy, with a sense of distance and awe laced in his voice who had uttured "That's why I love him."

The others hadn't thought much of it, thankfully, because they had just giggled, Rebecca patting him on the head, as Homura mumbled something about him being 'too innocent' or 'too cute' with a blush. Everyone collectively knew there were a lot of basic things Shiki didnt know much about, and they assumed relationships and love-interests was one of them.

Weisz hadnt even replied to the random revelation. He had felt flustured, sure... but anyone would after such a statement out of the blue like that. He had just coughed, getting everyone to pay attention to what he was saying, whilst trying to avoid the gravity users gentle smile and that distant look in his face, as he had his head on the table, looking up at Weisz like he was the most precious thing in the world-

After that moment the professor had started to notice the way Shiki looked at him. It wasnt anything like the women he had dated before, those had always had no feelings attached. Probably why they didnt last long...

The man was snapped back into reality  and what he was doing, so he shook his head and tried to look invested and concentrated, avoiding the other man's gaze as he sat down nexto him.

Shiki blinked, hands resting on the stool inbetween his legs as he leaned forward, already making Weisz feel uncomfortable.

"What ya fixing?" He asked innocently, eyes transfixed on the way the blond's hands fitted certain parts together.

Atleast this seemed like a normal conversation, Weisz thought.

"Dunno yet," He answered casually, "I'll probably have to get some pliers though to fit these parts together-"

"I can get them for you!"

Weisz glanced over to the enthusiastic boy, realising that he was wasting his time with this crappy metal he had found. The only reason he had honestly got it was to distract himself from the ravenette, if he bumped into him during the day.

Placing it down on the counter, he turned his body slightly to face him, causing Shiki's eyes to flicker up at him innocently.

"Listen," the blond started, already not sure how to go about this as he scratched the back of his head. "I cant accept your confession." He bit his lip in anticipation, as his black eyes travelled back over to the boy.

Shiki grinned. "That's okay!"

Weisz furrowed his eyebrows. "You sure?" He asked hesitantly. He didnt want to hurt his feelings, but like everyone else, he assumed the boy only thought that he was inlove with the blonde, whilst not knowing the significance of the word itself.

The latter nodded, enthusiastically, as Weisz let out a sigh of relief.

"I still love you, though!"