Forward

The easiest people to murder are the ones who feel invincible. Here’s the the thing about invincibility, it’s not strictly a mindset for the arrogant. Feeling invincible is simply a state of never thinking of yourself in danger. Even though the threat of harm was real every time she entered the cage, Ronda Rousey calculated the risks and never considered herself to be in danger.

       Ronda exuded such confidence that she seemed blind to any of her weaknesses.  Her critics coined her as being “functionally delusional.” But to the contrary, she often dwelt on her shortcomings.  It was during those moments that she incubated the aggression that she was famous for.  Ronda’s aggression was primal. Not only did it protect her from being taken advantage of, it also destroyed those who threatened her. Every one of her opponents could attest to it. Her nickname “Rowdy” was misleading; it came about from a lack of creativity. But when she entered in the cage, she wasn’t chaotic or savage.  On the contrary, she was focused and determined and executed her will with precision.  She operated more like a “surgeon” than a “rowdy” fighter... And her killer knew this about her. 

        “And NOW! The moment you all have been waiting for... ” The announcer riled up the crowd with his copyrighted catch phrase. On one side stood Ronda, silent, blocking out the distractions of the arena. Opposite of her stood the rival, Cris "the Cyborg" Justino. The media attention leading up to this fight was incessant. Fans anticipated this fight ever since women were introduced into the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Sports news outlets perpetuated the feud by publishing out-of-context quotes from the two women, transforming the fight into a grudge match.  It would be recorded as the highest grossing pay-per-view in UFC history, and it was the stage Ronda's killer used to broadcast her murder.

        "LET'S GET IT ON!" yelled the referee.