Chapter 2- "backstory"

(edited)
a few hours earlier
MINA's POV
Han-Seok's arm was wrapped around me and for once this whole week I felt happy, I felt whole. I didn't know why I had been getting the feeling that he wasn't being himself. He was acting colder towards me, and I don't know why, I feel like I did something wrong. I shrugged the thought off, trying to pay attention to the movie.

Suddenly his phone dinged, and before I could even look in the direction of where it was sitting, he snatched it from the coffee table. I turned my head to see who had texted him, that was so important he had to text back during our date night, but he nudged my head back towards the TV.

That small action made my stomach sink, just making the bad feeling from earlier stronger than ever.

"I'll be right back. I have to go to the bathroom." He smiled, and when he was out of sight I noticed he made probably the biggest mistake of his life, he left his phone on the coffee table.

I picked it up expecting it to be locked but surprisingly it wasn't. His messages were full of girls but the girl he had been texting named Cristi.

My eyes started burning as I read their conversations of them calling each other honey and flirting non-stop.

"I can't believe I was such an idiot.." I mumbled under my breath trying to hold back my tears, he wasn't worth them.

"What's up babe?" He asked, as he came back from the bathroom. He saw the phone in my hand and I could see his gaze change. "Listen.. I can explain.."

"When were you gonna tell me about this lovely girl Cristi, huh?" I asked, grabbing a pillow and hitting him in the head.

Han-Seok held his arms in an X above his held to shield himself from the pillow.

"MINA! STOP! LET ME EXPLAIN-." He yelled grabbing the pillow and throwing it across the room.

"Listen.. if anyone is to blame here it's you.."

I couldn't hold in my laughter, I replied sarcastically. "Oh yeah, of course. Cause I was the one who forced you to talk to her and send her all those things."

"You're always too busy and whatever I get bored."

"And why am I busy, huh? MAYBE BECAUSE I'M WORKING TO PAY FOR NOT ONLY MY REBT BUT YOURS BECAUSE MR. PERFECT OVER HERE IS A LAZY PIECE OF TRASH WHO'S NEVER WORKED A DAY IN HIS LIFE!"

"YOU GOT FIRED A WEEK AGO! WHAT WORK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?!"

"MORE THAN YOU HAVE IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, THAT'S FOR SURE."

He scoffed before looking at me in the eyes. "You wanna be like that? Lets be like that. Get out."

"W-what?"

"GET OUT."

"YOU CAN'T KICK ME OUT. THIS IS MY APARTMENT, I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO'S PAYED RENT THE WHOLE TIME. PLUS I'M NOT LEAVING AN APARTMENT FOR YOU AND YOUR LITTLE SIDE HOE TO HAVE FUN."

"I SAID GET OUT." He grabbed both of my wrists causing instant pain, turning me around and pushing me harshly towards the door.

I fell to the ground, cutting my leg on the glass coffee table.

Seeing I was still not the door, he slammed the door open, causing it to crash into the wall, making the imprint of the doorknob. He grabbed me from the shoulders.

"STOP- YOU'RE HURTING ME-." I was crying and this point but he just pushed me down the front steps, slamming the door behind me.

I didn't know where to go so I sat outside of the building for a bit, as I waited to see if Han-Seok would leave, and maybe I could go back in, or at least make up so I would have somewhere to stay. I gave up, and decided he wasn't worth my time anyways but I couldn't help crying because of how weak and powerless I had felt when he started hurting me. I found a marker in my pocket and scribbled something on it as I sobbed.

"It's all your fault."

...

Where was I going to go? I started wandering and found a nice bench, I thought that maybe I could sleep on it, or something. All of a sudden I got "attacked" by a golden retriever who jumped on me and started licking my face.

I smiled. It felt good to smile, but then I went unconscious, and when I woke up I was in a hospital bed with a guy next to me who claimed to be my brother, even though I'm the only child. What the heck had happened?