I Really Miss Him

(I do not own these characters, Marvel does. I just like to take care of them and make them grow in ways that are unexpected.)

I enter the elevator. "F.R.I.D.A.Y. to the lounge please." As I lean up against the wall of the glass walled box.

"Yes Ms Rominoff." Says the AI Stark built and adored just about as much as Pepper. You know some days I really miss him. Its been quiet with out him making noise and just being here. Shuri and Harley have taken over the tech and updates. and if Morgan keeps going at the rate she is than she will be smarter than her farther could have dreamed of.

"Can you tell me who is in the lounge at this time?"

Yes, Right now Mr. Barns is watching T.V. and Mr. Wilson is arguing with him. Mr. Banner is at the bar and Mr. Barton is in the vents again.

"Inform Hawkeye that I am coming and need to talk to him. I'm not spending another day yelling at him while he is in the vents." It vexes me to no end that he will not use this time to go home and be with his kids. I think its been really hard on him because of the things he did during the snap. I get it, he lost his family in the blink of an eye. But their back now and he needs to make the best at trying to move on. Even if I have to kick everybody out of the building for the next week. 

Taking over for Steve after he left has been very difficult. Every once an a while he comes by to help out but even than its more of a chat to catch up. I exit the elevator and see James. You know sometimes I really wish we were back there. I miss him so much, granted I don't miss the training and the things I had to do while in the Red Room but I do miss James. Sometimes I wonder if he remembers when he used to sneak into my room at night when he knew I was scared or hurting. How he used to hold me until I fell asleep. Maybe me and him should talk to see how his memory is working now.

It's been hard for the team. We lost Stark, I died, Cap ran off and when he came back was an old man. I went through hell and back to get back here. I guess I should have told everybody about the serum in my body, especially Clint. This wasn't the first time I've died, but I sure as hell am going to try to make it the last. Clints glad tho but he keeps staring at me like if he blinks I'll disappear. He really needs to go back to Laura.

After the return of everybody Clint found out his wife isn't his wife. Its his dead brothers wife and kids. Apparently Loki fried his brain and could still control it if Clint got weak or tired enough. So Fury used T.I.H.I.T.I. Protocol to rewire Clints brain. Ultimately Clints pissed, but the kids are still family, just his brothers.

James cant figure out what to do now with his time. He visits Steve a lot but cant seem to move on. Everyday his mind is getting clearer, and thanks to Shuri he no longer has to worry about his trigger words turning him back into Winter. He now goes by White Wolf. We still have missions but all seems to be calmer now that we defeated Thanos.

I feel the elevator slow to a stop and the doors open. I walk down the short hall and into the lounge, which is really more of a fancy living room or common area. James is waving a remote around yelling about the importance of learning about the world now. Sam is arguing how James will be useless if he continues to rot his brain with cartoons. I couldn't help it I laughed. Not a giggle but a full out laugh. Both men turned to look at me and I see Clint drop out of the vent in the wall.

Clint just looks at me. I forgot to mention, Clint also remembers us. We were engaged to each other before Loki took over his brain. He still holds it against me that I didn't tell him. I step closer to him and when I get 2 feet away he backs up into the wall.

"Well that hurts more than I thought it would..." I say softly. He hears me and steps forward and wraps me in a bear hug.