IV. You Can't Always Get What You Want

"And where were you until late evening yesterday?" Thalina folds her arm, smirking at her best friend and lady

"And where were you until late evening yesterday?" Thalina folds her arm, smirking at her best friend and lady. "And before you say anything, I saw you with the bastard boy, Jon is it?"

"He found me in the Godswood, I needed some space from everything" Adelina sighs, looking down at her small hands.

"Is your mother still insisting you marry The Prince?"

"I assume she already has every inch of the wedding perfected" Thalina giggles at Adelina's remark. The two girls had understood each other for years, and Adelina was so grateful she had a female figure in her life that actually understood her. "Perhaps she will organise a betrothal between yourself and Jamie Lannister, then you will practically be family and we can all be happy."

"I'd sooner marry Layn" Thalina rolls her eyes, the thought of marrying Jamie Lannister repulsed her. Luckily, he was a part of the Kingsguard and this was not possible for either of them. Not that she necessarily had the station to even marry Jamie Lannister.

"That would be interesting" Adelina grins at her best friend.

≫ ─────────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ─────────── ≪

"Ah, good morning to my darling daughter!" Bennard beams, walking towards his youngest daughter and her best friend. By the look on Adelina's face, he could tell she was far from happy.
"What is wrong my love?"

"You know full well Father" Adelina bluntly states, not a sign of emotion across her face. Thalina stands just a step behind her lady, feeling rather awkward about the situation.

"Clearly I do not" He chuckles. Bennard knew Adelina was a feisty girl, very much like her grandmother Olenna. However, the two never had a bad relationship or conflict with one another. "And what is that mark on your face? Are you hurt?".

"Why are you acting like nothing is wrong? Mother told me you had agreed to let me marry the Baratheon Prince without my say so or letting me even think about it." The emotion on Adelina's face was beginning to show, as her fluffy eyebrows furrowed together. "I knew mother was like this, but not you Father."

"She told you this?" The tone of Bennard's voice was laced with confusion. He could not understand why his wife would tell Adelina that he had anything to do with these plans. He wanted nothing less. If he had his way, she would be married to somebody in the North, he didn't want to lose his baby girl like he lost his oldest to the Lion's den.

She nods softly, her dough eyes looking up at her father. She realised from the tone of his voice and the confusion upon his face that this was a parallel situation of what happened when Lyla was betrothed. Her mother had planned it all.

≫ ─────────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ─────────── ≪

"Ah, just the great Lord I was looking for." Olenna Tyrell stops in her tracks, the taller man towering above her small frame.