07 | this really bites

Start from the beginning

Delaney stood in front of the blonde vampire they tracked down and tied up in the middle of her and the boys' motel room where they had covered all the windows so none of the sunlight outside could seep in. Dean had stuck a syringe filled with dead man's blood into her neck and it gave the trio enough time to get her to the motel room before she were to wake up. She had bitten Dean on the neck, but he seemed to be fine so Delaney pushed the lingering anxiety and concern back down.

The blonde vampire groaned softly and blinked her eyes open, glancing up at the three siblings in confusion. It was obvious she didn't remember much of what happened back in the alleyway.

"You with us?" Dean asked the vampire, placing his hands on his knees so they can be eye to eye. He smirked when the vampire struggled against her bonds on the chair and stood back up to his full height. "Oh, yeah, sorry. You're not going anywhere."

"Where's your nest?" Sam inquired.

The blonde's gaze snapped over to Sam and Delaney nearly rolled her eyes at the sight of the vampire act like she had no idea what any of them spoke about. "What?"

"Nest - where you and your other bloodsucking pals hang out," Delaney quipped, crossing her arms.

"I don't know what you're talking about! Please. I don't feel good."

Dean picked up the syringe filled with dead man's blood and waved it in her face tauntingly. "Yeah, well, you're gonna feel a hell of a lot worse if we give you another shot of dead man's blood."

The blonde shook her head at the syringe and her breathing grew heavier. "Just let me go."

"Yeah, you know we can't do that," Sam replied.

"I'm telling you the truth! I'm just - I took something. I'm freaking out! I don't know what's going on!" the blonde cried. "I took something and I can't...come down."

Delaney tilted her head as she took in the sight of the panicking woman. It made her wonder if the woman didn't know what she was as her fangs were now replaced with normal human teeth. Maybe she truly didn't remember what happened and doesn't even know what she now is. She licked her lips and squatted in front of the woman, ignoring her brothers' protests to stay back.

"Do you mind telling us your name?"

"Lucy. Please, just let me go," Lucy begged Delaney, eyes full of innocence and fear.

"Alright, Lucy, how about this? You tell my brothers and I what happened to you and then we'll let you go, okay? We just need to know what happened," Delaney assured Lucy, squeezing the blonde's hand since the woman wouldn't be able to do much to her anyway since she was tied up.

Lucy's eyes flickered over to Sam and Dean with hope taking over the fear that was previously in them. "You will?"

Dean shot Delaney a confused look and could see the tenseness still there since Delaney was still close to the woman. He eventually nodded with an insincere smile on his face at Lucy.

"Uh, I don't really... um, it's not that clear. I was at Spider. This club on Jefferson. There was this guy - he was buying me drinks."

"This guy - what's he look like?" Sam asked.

Lucy shook her head with a sigh, struggling to remember the guy's appearance. "He was old, like thirty. He had brown hair, a leather jacket - Deacon or Dixon or something. Said he was a dealer - he had something for me. Something new. Better than anything you've ever tried. He put a few drops in my drink."

Delaney sent a look to her brothers, all three of them already knowing what the other man dropped into her drink. "This drug didn't happen to be red and thick, did it?" She scoffed when Lucy silently nodded at her and pushed herself back to her full height. "Guess that was a genius move on his part. Lucy, he gave you vampire blood."