When Ingram was gone, her door was locked. When she was there, her door was cracked open, kind of like Arthur's.

Her door was opened slightly.

Danse asked her to go with him so there was absolutely no reason for her to be a half an hour late to the party. I opened the door. She was on her bed reading a book. Her hair was curled, no doubt meaning to go to the ball, but deciding not to last minute. She looked up from her pages and a smile lit up her face.

"You're back!"

"Don't you 'you're back' me. Why aren't you at the party?"

She took at me sadly.

"Mer... I can't go-"

"None of that! Now get those prosthetics on and put on that dress."

She groaned but obliged. She took the suitcase I gave her from the side of her bed. She opened it. It looked like she didn't even touch it. She pulled out the legs I gave her and started strapping them on. I shimming out of my jumpsuit and into the dress I made. I helped Ingram into hers and helped her with her makeup. She stood up once I put the heels on her feet and she looked at me, legs shaking.

"I don't know if I can do this."

"Yes you can baby doll, now lets go."

I hooked my arm in hers and walked side by side with her down to the airport again. We put on our masks and walked through the gates once we showed our dog tags. I immediately started scanning the room for Danse, spotting him on the side near the alcohol with... Arthur? The man he was with looked different. I waited, holding onto Ingram before I took a breath and walked towards them both. They were facing away from us and we could hear their conversation.

"I don't even want to be here Danse."

"As Elder, it would be frowned upon if you didn't make an appearance."

"I've made an appearance so I am not required to stay longer. I don't want to be here without Esmeralda. It's just hurts."

"Well Ingram wasn't feeling well so we both seem to be in the same situation."

We both looked at each other. She feigned illness? That bitch. And I mean that in the nicest way. Arthur was sitting down so I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and put my head right next to his. Ingram wrapped her arms around the standing Paladin and pressed her cheek against his back. Both men flinched and turned to look at us. Danse spoke first

"Ingram, I thought... wow, you look spectacular."

Arthur looked completely different. His beard was cleanly shaven off. I could see his eyes through the mask and thought he was going to cry. He stood up in front of me and caressed my cheek.

"Sweet pea." He choked out and I now could feel the tears in my eyes. He pulled me into a tight embrace.

"It's really you Sweet pea. You're here."

He leaned into a kiss. It was so innocent, no tongue, no anything but somehow it was the most passionate kiss I've ever felt we had. When we broke away I brushed the tears off his cheeks and gave him my most sincere smile. He pulled me onto the dance floor and we began dancing, swaying slowly with the music. He wasn't a very good dancer but neither was I so we fit each other. He made up for it with feather kisses all over my face whenever we screwed up. I could feel people watching us but I didn't give a single fuck. I was home in his arms. Wherever he was, I'd feel safe. The party went by in a whirlwind. People congratulated us, even if they didn't know who I was. To be fair, my untamable curly hair was straightened and I was wearing a mask. I spent the whole night in the arms of the man I loved. We danced, we talked (not about the Institute, thank the Lord), and we kissed. Oh we kissed. He gave kisses like a fountain gives water. I didn't let go of his hand the whole night.

We finally got to our room, both in good spirits. I kissed him like it was the last kiss I was ever going to give him. He backed up until the back of his knees hit his bed frame. I lifted my skirt higher to straddle his lap. He gripped my thighs slide them up my ass, going up till he reached the zipper of my dress. I pulled away breathing.

"Arthur Maxson, I worked ten plus hours on this dress, so if you rip it, I swear to God you're not getting laid in a month."

"Yes ma'am."

Oooh. Now I liked the sound of that.

"Good boy." I breathed into his lips before diving into another kiss. He moaned when I started grinding myself on his erection and so did I because I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel heavenly. Also that moan. I loved a responsive man and Arthur was... mmh. He took his sweet damn time with that zipper until it was fully unzipped and I could stand up and slip it off. He took off his jacket while I undid his tie and buttons of his dress shirt. He still had the white mask on, which was kinda cute, but we'd save these for another time. A kinkier time. I unbuttoned his pants and pulled them down as he lifted his hips to help me out. I took his boxer off with them to save time. I took the strap of my bra and snapped it against my skin. I could swear Arthur was drooling. I'd never really teased him like this before so I could sense his surprise and definite arousal. I slowly slid the straps of my bra off taking my time to unclip the back of it. I let it fall on the ground and snapped the waistband of my panties to draw his attention from my breasts to my waist. He had a white knuckle grip on the bed sheets and this was way too good to not take advantage of. I slid them off, one hip, then the other. I stepped back over to him and sat in his lap.

"I never realized what a tease you are" he whispered, gravelly and rough, the way that got me hot.

"I'm drunk enough to work up the confidence so yeah."

He started circling my clit with his finger.

"So wet my love. Do I even need to do this?"

"Mmh, yes Arthur." I said, bucking my hips at his hands.

He started with one finger, driving it slowly into me, letting my squeeze down around the digit.

"Fuck, I missed this" I groaned.

He started pumping it in and out slowly, and stared at my face. His own eyes were half lidded and goddamn sexy.

"Love what you did with, augh, you're face."

Aaaand my sexiness just flew out the window.

"Thanks baby, did it out of grief" he admitted, still looking as hot as he did.

"I'm... mmh, here now" I whispered.

"Good."

He took his fingers out and aligned himself up with me. I stretched around him as I sank down but fuck, did I miss that slight burn. He gripped my hips and we both groaned in unison as I finally took all of him in. I started rocking into him, taking almost all of him out then sinking back in at a good pace.

"Mer, oh yes, Mer. Fucking..."

He started lifting his hips up, bouncing me on him and my mind was blurring. I started calling out in an assortment of French, Spanish, and something that resembled Arthur's name. White hot stars exploded behind my eyelids and I slumped down on Arthur as I tried to milk his orgasm. Wait, when did he come? I was too distracted to even notice he came, and apparently really hard, inside me. I didn't really mind. I'd get birth control and a day after pill later with Cade. We slumped against his bed, both covered in a sheen of sweat, breathing heavily. He got his breath back before me so he spoke first.

"I love you."

"I love you too darling."

I nuzzled into the nape of his neck, dozing off and he held me closely in his strong arms.

Home.

When I walked out of Arthur's quarters I noticed a very hasty Paladin in a messy tuxedo sneaking out of Ingram's quarters at -I checked the time- 4:30 in the morning? Those two were naughty. I strolled up to Ingram's room and opened the door. There she was. Her bed was an absolute mess, as was her hair and makeup and, ah, yes, the smell of sex was definitely there. She desperately tried covering up her naked body with her sheets but I already saw.

"Tsk tsk tsk. The Virgin Mary is virgin no longer."

"Oh shut the fuck up. I wasn't a virgin."

"You were in my book. Looks like you got some good dancing lessons. I'll leave you to recover."

I'm an asshole.