Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Jisoo blinked. The shapes in her room were blurry and undecipherable as she attempted to make sense of her surroundings. The sound of the phone echoed through the apartment, and she pulled the covers over her head. She refused to get up this time. She'd stayed up entirely too late finishing The Color Purple, and then later still to write an email to Ruby detailing just how much she'd loved it.

The phone rang again, a half-ring, interrupted by the merciful voice of Lisa saying, "Jisoo and Lisa's house of kinkiness. How may I spank you?"

Jisoo relaxed when the call turned out to be for Lisa. She must have drifted back to sleep again because the next thing she knew, Lisa was on top of her, bouncing on her bed.

"Wake up, oh my God," Lisa was saying, her voice an octave higher than usual. "Guess who just called me."

Jisoo opened one eye, shut it, and opened the other. Lisa was on top of her, gazing down at her excitedly, and Jisoo had never wanted to hurt someone so badly in her life. She closed her eyes again only to be shaken. She groaned. "Ihateyouleavemealone," she mumbled.

"Jisoo! That was the casting director for that film I auditioned for. They want me to come back in and read for some other part!"

The news filtered through Jisoo's foggy conscience. "Wow," she managed, her voice hoarse and full of sleep. "I promise to be really excited for you in like six hours."

The bouncing resumed and Jisoo tried to recall if she'd left anything nearby that might be used as weapon. The bouncing stopped. "Jesus, this room is colder than mine," Lisa said, and a moment later she'd lifted the covers and slipped in, shuddering. "Hang on, I want to be spooning you when I tell you the rest of the phone conversation." Lisa felt like an icicle and it was all Jisoo to do not to punch her. "Ooh, you're warm."

"I hate you so much right now," Jisoo whined, as Lisa wrapped herself around her. She winced as cold feet brushed against her leg.

"Okay," Lisa said, once she was settled. "So the woman, Sierra Murphy or something like that, was like, 'Would you be opposed to doing nude scenes?' And I was like, "Uh, depends on what kind," and she was like, 'Well would you have a problem shooting a sex scene?' And I said, 'Like... porn?' and she laughed and was like, 'No no. Tastefully done, of course. But you might have to strip down a little.' And I was like, 'Well, sure, that's fine.'" She paused. "Are you listening to me?"

"Your mouth is next to my ear, how could I possibly not be?"

"Okay. So, then she was like, 'Oh good, good. We'd like you to come in and read for a different part.' And I was like, 'Great!' And then ... are you ready?"

Jisoo sighed into her pillow. "Yes..."

"Then she was like, 'Would you be opposed to doing a sex scene with a woman?'"

Jisoo's eyes flew open. "Really?"

Lisa giggled. "Am I freaking you out being all over you like this?"

"No, it's turning me on, actually," Jisoo said and grinned.

"Ooh, baby." Lisa laughed and disentangled herself from Jisoo. "Actually, I'm freaking myself out. You feel kinda good." She paused to straighten out the other pillow. "So what do you think? I might get to have sex with a chick on camera."

Jisoo turned to look at her friend. "So you said you were okay with it?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" She sat up so her back was against the wall. "I hope it's someone hot."

Jisoo rubbed her eyes and sat up too. There was no use in pretending she might actually get some sleep. She yawned. "So, when's the big audition?"

"Tonight actually," Lisa said, frowning. "I hope I can find someone to cover for me at work. I'm gonna get fired one of these days." She shrugged. "Hey, do you think Jennie Kim had anything to do with them calling me back? You know, since she knows we're friends."