Chapter Two

Brynlee's POV:

"O.M.G I am not living here!" I exclaimed.

"Well, we are going to have to. It was the nicest and biggest house for sale I could find in the town. Trust me, I am not exactly happy about living here either sweetheart," my mother replied while placing down her bags in the hallway. I lug my bags and suitcases up the stairs while groaning about how heavy they were. I get to the top of the staircase and I can either go right or left. I choose to go right to see what is there. I open up the first door and see that it is the master bedroom. 'Mother would want the master bedroom for herself', I think to myself. I close the door and turn left walking past the staircase while grabbing my stuff. I open up the door to see a small but in a country way, gorgeous I suppose. I place my bags down by the door and look around. It had a huge queen bed with gold and white pillows and blankets. It had huge windows that looked out onto the town. That was a small benefit to living on a hill. I look up at the roof and gasp. There was a beautiful crystal chandelier hanging up above the bed. Overall, I am really happy with my bedroom. I walk out the door, closing it quietly behind me. I head back down the stairs to continue looking around the house. I walk past the kitchen, 'small but pretty,' I think. I walk into the living room and my eyes widen. It wasn't anything like our living room in Miami, but it was still gorgeous. I notice another door and open it. It looks like a small study mixed with a laundry. 'Eh, not that bad,' I think while closing the door again.

"Dakota and her tack will be arriving tomorrow. Until then, go out and explore the town, just don't get your shoes or dress dirty. We still have a reputation to uphold," my mother instructs.

"Yes mother," I reply while walking out the door. I walk down the stairs and onto the dirt pathway. I walk through the town while looking around. I see a girl with bright red hair walking my way with a smile on her face. I look at what she is wearing and see very nice clothes. 'She might be the only normal person in the whole town,' I think to myself.

"Hello, you must be new. My name is Maricela. My father is the mayor," she told me.

"Hi, my name is Brynlee, I'm from Miami. It's nice to meet you," I reply.

"You might be the only good dressing person in this whole town," Maricela exclaims.

"Really, I was thinking the exact same thing about you, it was nice to meet you though, I hope to see you around," I say.

"Agreed, we should meet at my house later. I'll have chef prepare an extravagant dinner," she replies while waving and continuing walking away. I smile and wave back and continue to walk around the town, grimacing at some of the towns peoples clothes.

///So she explored her house and has met Maricela, I don't know if I should keep them friends later on in the story or not, so please leave your opinions in the comments. It's only the second chapter and I don't know what I am going to have happen in the next chapter. Might be a while until I update next though sorry. Just have a lot of assignments I need to catch up on///