Volume II / Chapter One: Natah

Start from the beginning

Ryoma: Natah...

Natah: But now, I am saved. By family. Together, we will overcome the flaws of our light, the Gods of our creation... merging with them, like steel... bearing Amalgams with the weakness of neither. Your great power, your great evil. The voice, the Void, within you. Our ancients still wither at its touch... but have you forgotten Lua? You were saved. But I... I was changed.

Ryoma: I do not-.

Natah: I was changed. Now I learn... Now I deny.

Opening the doorway to the outside, the Tenno yelled out in rage, annoyed by the lingering voice of the Sentient in his mind.

Ryoma: NATAH!

*Kr-ack, BOOM!*

A thunderous boom of lightning cracked the gas lit skies as he screamed to the heavens. His body, tensing up, as the Sentient being appeared before him, staring her down with blood filled eyes as she remained composed.

 His body, tensing up, as the Sentient being appeared before him, staring her down with blood filled eyes as she remained composed

Natah: Tenno...

Ryoma: I do not care... I DO NOT CARE!

*Kr-ack, BOOOOM!*

Ryoma: I too, have changed! I've found something on that planet I've yearned for my life! A place to dream, a place to live my life as my own, A place to forge my own destiny, friendships to form on my own...! A family...

As he spoke, a teardrop formed around his eyes, dripping down from the rags he wore onto the ground.

Ryoma: Whether they kill you or not, I don't give a damn. Just stay out of my way... Leave. Remnant. Alone.

*Kr-ack, BOOOOOM!*

After several seconds of silence, the Sentient responded.

Natah: We suffer these testaments of Tenno evil. Their voice and Void. Suffer it well, ancient child... Do not relent, for the untouched planet shall become a paradise for our kind.

Ryoma: Grrrr!

Pulling his left arm back, the Tenno began to charge up a beam of Void energy. As he pushed forward, several Sentient beings appeared in front of Natah to take the blow, but instead of a beam, the holes in his hand created a blast.

Ryoma: NATA-!

*BOOOOM!*

Ryoma: AAAAAHHHHH!

The void blast had destroyed his hand, sending bone and flesh apart as the wound cauterized itself upon detonation. Laying on the ground in pain, the Tenno wept as a bird-like Eidolon hovered the air above them.

 Laying on the ground in pain, the Tenno wept as a bird-like Eidolon hovered the air above them