"Are you pouting?" you shouted as you got dressed.

"No," he answered hesitantly.

"Liar," you shouted back.

Just as you were zipping up your skirt, you felt large hands wrap around your middle.

"Steve, I can't get distracted-"

"I love you."

You froze. Did he just-? He said-? No way did he-? You heard him wrong right?

"What?" you said turning in your hold and meeting those baby blues. "What did you say?"

"I love you," he smiled with a slight blush. "I'm taking my risk." You stared at him blankly and he became anxious at your silence. "Y/N-"

You jumped in his arms and he quickly moved to hold you at the waist to keep you from falling on the ground. In an instant, your lips were attached to his and dragging out a long passionate kiss. It was filled with admiration, love, and longing. It was long overdue that's for sure.

Once you pulled back you saw a grin formed on his face. Your own lips turning into a smile too.

"I'm hoping that means you reciprocate those feelings," he chuckled.

"I love you too," you answered. "I love you a lot."

His grin formed to a full on glow and he threw you into another head spinning kiss. This one lasting a little longer.

A few minutes later of a heavy make out session, you pulled away.

"I hate to do this. Now especially, but I really have to get to work," you sighed.

"I know," he groaned, pulling away a little. "That doesn't make walking away any easier."

"I know," you laughed.

_____

Like said before, not long after Tony offered you a position as head of the labs at the compound. You started work about a month later wanting to make sure that Williamson didn't crash and burn from you leaving so soon.

You had now been there for over 11 months, and it was quite the job.

Today however was Claire's wedding. She had been planning for it for over a year, and the day had finally come. She invited you as well as the rest of the Avengers to come. She had become pretty good friends with them all over the months, and her fangirl self was lightened after learning they were just people that happened to save the world every once in a while.

You were getting ready at your house that you still had even if you stayed at the compound a majority of the time. Steve had already come by dressed for the occasion and was waiting downstairs going through your records as you did the last finishing touches to your outfit.

"Hey Steve, can you make sure I turned the water off in the backyard? I was watering the garden and can't remember if I did," you shouted from upstairs.

"Sure thing, sweetheart!" he shouted back.

He walked outside to see the water was in fact still going and went to turned it off. Just as he was walking back inside, he saw the back of you in a red dress getting something out of the fridge.

"Hey, I'm grabbing a few water bottles for the ride. Do you want one?" you asked turning around and opening one, and looking up at him. His jaw was practically on the ground and he was eyeing you up and down. "Steve?" you laughed at him, but no answer came. "Steve?"

Still nothing... You placed your hands on your waist and popped out your hip.

You were wearing a crimson red, off the shoulder, fit and flare dress. Your hair was in a half up, half down straightened style, and you had that damn red lip that always made him want to crash his own onto yours.