She let out a quick breath before turning her head just enough to see behind him. She looked down at the rug seeing it slowly unfold from the fall it took. She blinked a couple of times taking in the situation before bringing her head back to look at her rescuer.

Her Y/E/C eyes were greeted with his bright blue ones. For a millisecond, Steve saw hers flash with shock. Not the shock of almost getting killed though, but at the shock of seeing him as her knight and shining armor. But instantly, they were changed to gratitude.

"Nice reflexes there soldier," she smiled.

He smirked at her remark and stared at the grin that lined her lips.

She still had her coffee in hand, but that arm was resting on his shoulder for balance, and the other was still filled with the few files she managed to keep in hand after the quick action with Steve.

"Couldn't let a young lady get squashed in such a horrible way," he smirked, still holding her to his chest.

"Wow, such a gentleman," she remarked. Spunk clear in her voice and facial expression. "Now, don't get me wrong. Being this close to such a fine looking man isn't something I'm mad about, but uh..." she let out a soft chuckle before looking back at the ground behind them. "My papers?"

"Right! Sorry," he laughed awkwardly as he let her go. She straightened her outfit before walking over to the fallen papers that luckily someone had already picked up and was going to hand them to her. "Here's a few more," Steve said grabbing some that got away.

"Thank you," she grinned, organizing them in her hand. "Thank you for the save and all. Truly," she beamed.

"Anytime," he said as their hands gently brushed from the exchanged of papers. He saw a subtly blush appear on her cheeks, and his heart did a flip knowing he was the reason behind it. "Sorry, for throwing your papers all over the place in the process."

"Eh, don't worry about. Better the papers getting tousled than me," she waved him off. "Plus, the coffee is safe as well. Spilled a little, but saved however. You happened to rescue the two most important things," she winked, adjusting everything in her hands.

"And I'm glad I did."

There was a pause as they took in the other. He studied her outfit, features, stance and all. Something was extremely familiar about her, but he couldn't seem to place it. From the look she was giving him, it looked like she was having flashbacks herself, but she was more sure of her memories.

"Hey, maybe I can buy you another-"

"Actually... I have to get going. I barely had time to come and grab this, and now I'm for sure going to be late," she said hesitantly. "Thanks again for saving my life and all. I will definitely be remembering the fine moment that happened here today," she said, slowly starting to back away from Steve.

"Oh no, no, no! Yeah, for sure!" he stammered, trying to play it off. "I would do it again in a heartbeat."

"I'm sure you would, wonder boy," she laughed. "Maybe you can save my life and buy me a coffee another time," she waved as she swayed her hips walking backwards before completely turning around.

Just as Steve was going to walk it off, he couldn't seem to pull his eyes from her. She got about 3 steps out before he shouted toward her. Harder to get her attention this time due to the crowded sidewalk continuing their day as if the near death experience never happened.

"Wait! How will I get you that coffee if I don't even know your name?" he shouted, making her stop in her place and turn with a smirk placed on those perfectly reddened lips.