Hairy Dog

With Ernest being a cheapskate, Skyler has to be bar tender and bar back when she works. The Nords, Billy, Jimmy, and Tim are supposed to be giving her a hand, but most nights they would rather play pool and she stopped asking for help. Filling the bucket with fresh ice, and checking the beer bottle stock, she hears a ruckus coming from the pool table area. Thinking that some customers were fighting, she continues to count bottles, until she hears an angry voice, "You sold crank to my pregnant wife." And the sound of someone getting hit. Coming out of the back room, she sees a heavy set, curly haired man holding a gun and waving it back and forth to keep Billy and Tim back as a blonde haired man beats the shit out of Jimmy and a black curly haired man holds back a few of the customers with his own gun. The heavy set one points the gun at her, but quickly pulls it away and holds his hand up as if to say "Sorry but I need to do this." Looking at the blonde's back, she sees the emblem on his cut, Sons of Anarchy. She's heard of them from her dad and around town, and though she's never had a run in with them she knows they are criminals but don't have issues with women unless that woman has an issue with them.

The Sons turn to leave, as Jimmy lays on the floor, a pool stick stuck in his groin area. She calls 911, and goes back into the kitchen. If what the blonde haired man said was true, Jimmy deserves the ass beating for selling drugs to a pregnant woman. She finds the small stock room and hides in there, even when Billy comes in the back calling for her. Slipping outside, she acts like she's checking her texts as she hears the door open. "Yo, dumb bitch. Your dad wants you to go to the ER with Jimmy." Billy demands. "Hell no, dumbass. You can go, I have to tend the bar." She slides past him and grabs the door handle to open it. "You go with him or you can go home." He sneers as he pushes the door shut with his foot. Now she is even more pissed. "Get your foot off the door." She growls. "I love it when you're riled up babe, makes it more fun for me." He tries to cup her face to kiss her, but instead of pushing him away she grabs his shoulders and knees him as hard as she can in the groin. He grabs himself with both hands, and falls to the ground in agony. "Don't ever touch me again, asshole." She stands over him for a few seconds, watching him rolling around on the ground before she heads back inside.

From across the street, Jax and Bobby are watching the exchange. Juice comes out of the corner store and sees his brothers staring across the street. "What's going on?" He asks. Bobby turns to Juice, " We were watching the bartender and bouncer talk, and we were going to jump in when he grabbed her but she laid him out. It was beautiful." Juice is still confused when Jax spoke up, " I want to know everything about her, she doesn't seem like the type Darby works with. Something about her that rubs me the wrong way." Juice looks at the door, " Who are you talking about?" Jax puts his helmet on, "The bartender that works at the Hairy Dog. Take the cut off and just go in for a quick look, ask her for her name and see what she says." Sighing, Juice puts his hoodie over his cut, zips it up and walks across the street into the bar. Heading up to grab a stool, he orders a shot and soda, and starts to chat with Skyler. She noticed his smile, and his friendly demeanor. "My name is Juice. I'm not from around here, so I was hoping you could tell me where I could find the supermarket. Need to pick up some food for my hotel room." She nods as she wipes the bar off, "My name is Skyler, and the closest one is off 8th and Broadway. What brings you to around here?"

Juice downs his shot and chased it with soda, " Family. How about you ?" "I live here, my dad owns this bar. I work here some nights to help him out. Would you like another shot?" She asks him. "Sure, and more soda please." He chats with her for a few more minutes, asking questions about the local area and a few questions about her, though she doesn't go into much detail. He has enough to search for information on her later. For now, he enjoys chatting with her until his phone rings. It's Jax, calling him. "Oh, it's my brother. Probably wondering why I'm not back with chips and dip yet. Nice to meet you, Skyler." He flashes his smile again. She smiles back, and reaches out to shake his hand, she slips a piece of paper in it with her phone number on it. "If you need a tour guide to show you other places, give me a call." He tucks in his pocket, nods, and turns to leave. Walking back out to the bikes, Jax is impatient. "Clay has been calling me. Did you get anything?" Juice nods, "Yea I did, she gave me her name and phone number." Bobby holds his hand out, "Give it to me. She needs a man, not a little boy to handle her." Juice just scoffs, "No way. She's all mine."

It's closing time now, and Skyler is emptying out the register. Darby walks in, and heads straight up to her. "I heard about Jimmy. Why didn't you go with him?" He asks, not hiding that fact that he's pissed. Without even turning to face him, she continues to count cash, "And who would run the place? Tim and Billy? I'm taking the night off tomorrow so don't bother asking." "Well, don't go far. I may need you now that Billy may need a ball retrieval operation." Darby replied, chuckling. "He shouldn't have kicked himself in the balls." She shrugs. Handing her dad the money, he hands her back a $50. She looks at him, confused, "What's this for ?" He smirks and heads for the door, "A bribe for you to keep tomorrow night in mind." Shaking her head and sighing, she follows him out and locks the door.