chapter [21]

Seungmin had spent two days in the small house of the two werewolves hidden in the forest but the time went by so slowly it was killing him.
After he had found himself on a sofa being stared at by the two guys he now knew as Jeongin and Changbin, the vampire was able to quickly understand the situation he was in.
Seungmin wasn't a fast runner nor did he want to involve himself in a fight once again so he didn't even attempt to run.
It seemed that the older one of the wolves trusted him enough to give him some space in the house but the younger one always had his eye on Seungmin.

But he couldn't do anything about it...

This whole situation was because of Minho but the vampire understood well how Changbin and Jeongin feared for their friends well being so Seungmin didn't stay there only for Minho's sake but also for theirs. After all they didn't do anything wrong and neither had they hurt him here.
However... nobody spoke to him... he was like an intruder in their home wishing to be ignored but their thoughts never quieted down.
It was only natural for them to judge the vampire in their thoughts but Seungmin wasn't used to it. In the villa the guys often swore at him in thoughts but it was never serious but right now... every time he accidently made eye contact with one of them it started again.

... look at him just sitting there the whole day and staring at the wall, what a creep...

...if his friend kidnapped Jisung, how can we know that he's not the same?...

...I should've listened to my brother... vampires are indeed disgusting...

...I want Jisung back...

...if Jisung's hurt I'll kill him...

The atmosphere was tensed and cold. Even the few comforting thoughts of them that Seungmin heard lost their value every time a bad thought slipped through. Actually, it was even worse when Changbin would occasionally start pitying him saying that Seungmin might also be a victim here.
But was he? Every time they mentioned Jisung's name Seungmin felt responsible as if it was right that he stayed here as their hostage. It was strange...

"Hey, you stay quiet the whole day... at least come eat with us." Changbin signed him to come over to their small dinner table when the vampire had spent yet another day not moving an inch out of fear that he might annoy them.

"Are you crazy? Why are you being nice to him?!" Jeongin whisper yelled at him but it was clearly loud enough for Seungmin to hear so he awkwardly refused and averted his eyes.
For a few hours now his head felt like it was about to burst. Was it because of his magic ability? Or was he sick by any chance? Come to think of it... in shock Seungmin realized that he had to be at the limit of his last blood consumption.
So these were symptoms caused by his craving for blood...
Anxiously, he digged his nails into his hands and closed his eyes for a moment. No matter how much it hurt ... he could not give in to it. That would only make things worse so they couldn't now. He had to stay quiet like before.

"No I don't approve of this. Hostage or not, I don't feel good having him shake every time we say anything." Changbin then suddenly stood up and pulled Jeongin with him to sit across Seungmin on the sofa.

"Hey!" The younger slapped his hand away and crossed his arms in disapproval.

...ridiculous... I'd rather knock him unconscious than to deal with those dull eyes...
he heard Jeongin think causing yet another sting of pain going through his head and making him flinch for a moment.