Far From Home 4

Começar do início

I flew to the train tracks and I saw Otto's body lying there.

"FRIDAY scan him," I commanded.

"Life functions dead," the AI responded.

I turned to Peter who was lying face down in the grass and I kneeled down beside him, I turned him over and pulled off his mask to reveal his face that had changed quite a bit since the last time I saw him.

"Peter, c 'mon kid wake up," I said shaking him slightly. 

I picked him up and cradled him to my chest as I flew to the hospital, I put the mask back on his face and went inside. Doctors and nurses immediately came over and rolled him away on a bed, my mask folded back and I ran my hands through my hair and sat down in the waiting room. 

Happy came into the room shortly after looking worried.

"Is the kid okay?" he asked.

"He was hit by a train taking down Otto," I replied.

"Jesus for a second time!" Happy muttered to himself sitting down.

I frowned and sat up straighter.

"What do you mean a second time?" I demanded.

"I don't really know what happened, you need to talk to him Tony," he replied.

I sighed and leaned back against the seat resting my eyes...

"Tony!"

My eyes shot open and I blinked at the bright light, I looked out the window and it was broad daylight.

"Is everything okay?" I asked Happy.

"Everythings perfect, all the people have been cured and the hospitals a bit empty. I'm taking May home now, she spent last night with Peter and she's tired. Can you go in there and make sure he's okay? He's sleeping with his girlfriend right now but it'll be good if you're there when he wakes up," Happy explains.

"Yeah sure, what's his room number?" I asked standing up and stretching.

"206,"

I nodded and thanked Happy before walking down the hallway, people gaped at me as I walked down the hallway and I stopped to take pictures with a few people before I reached Peter's room. I slowly opened the door to Peter's room and my jaw dropped when I saw MJ cuddled up against Peter's side and he had his arm around her. 

I smiled and sat down on the couch and pulled out my phone and answered emails while talking to Pepper and reassuring her that everything was okay. I saw movement and when I looked up Peter's eyes were open, I smirked at him a gestured to MJ with my eyes, he looked away from me rolling his eyes and relaxed back onto the pillows. 

"Peter," said MJ.

"Morning," he replied kissing the top of her head.

"This bed is really uncomfortable," she continued.

Peter snorted and I smiled while pretending to look down at my phone.

"Don't you dare get hit by a train ever again, I don't want to spend any more nights in a hospital bed with you," she teased.

"She does make a fair point," I chimed in.

MJ smiled and climbed out of the bed grabbed her bag.

"I'll see you later," she said.

"Bye MJ,"

They kissed on the lips and she left softly closing the door behind her.

"So, MJ huh?" I teased standing next to Peter's bed and leaning on the rails.

"Don't start on that, you already teased me enough when she was my crush," he groaned.

"I'm not, I'm just surprised and kind of disappointed," I replied.

"Disappointed?"

"I wasn't there for your first date or when you asked her out, so now you're going to have to tell me everything,"

"Oh, well, I didn't really ask her out. I just- it was straight after the thing with Beck happened on the tower bridge and she brought this massive mace thing to come and help me. We sort of kissed on the bridge and told each other that we liked each other and that was that," he mumbled.

I snorted and lightly punched him on the shoulder.

"Real smooth, now moving away from the sappy stuff. What happened with Beck? Happy hasn't told me anything," I asked.

"Do I have to tell you?" 

"You're not leaving this hospital room until you do, I've got all week," I replied.

He sighed and dug his nails into his palm, I gently pulled his hand away and that's how I knew something really bad happened.

"Fury called me and said he needed my help with something, it was straight after you 'died' and I just wanted to go on my trip to Europe but he found me in Europe and I was introduced to Quinten Beck. We had to fight these elemental creatures which turned out to be illusions and MJ helped me figure out that Beck was behind it. I went to tell Fury but it turns out that it was all an illusion, I was hit by a train and Beck thought that I was dead. We fought on the Tower Bridge and he tried to use the illusions against me but my spider-sense was heightened so I sort of turned the drone against him and it shot him, so, he's dead now," he explained quickly.

"Wait a second, did you say you were hit by a train!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, but it's not a big deal! I was fine!" Peter jumped in.

"I'm going to kill Fury," I muttered, "Anyways, how did Beck get that type of technology?"

There was silence and Peter looked down at his hands.

"I know you're going to be really mad and I understand, but I gave him EDITH," he blurted out.

I stood there for a second in disbelief but Peter took that for anger.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know what to do. Beck was a friend and he was a much better superhero than me and I didn't want those stupid glasses because they reminded me of you too much and I could never be the next Iron Man and I wasn't prepared for that so I gave them to him. I wasn't annoyed at you back in Africa when we talked, I just couldn't talk to you while holding that over me so I pretended to be mad at you. Well, I was kind of mad at you but-"

"Peter, calm down. It's okay, it's fine. I understand," I interrupted placing a hand on his shoulder.

"It's definitely not fine, he could've killed half of Europe and it would've been all my fault," he argued.

"If anything it was my fault, I didn't expect to die so soon, I thought I would've died much later on so that's why in my will it says to give you the glasses. I gave you the company as well but you were only 15 then and you had to be 18 to get the company. I shouldn't have put that much stress on you," I said.

"So, you're not mad?" he asked.

"No, I'm proud of you kid for dealing with everything," I replied.

He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back, I looked over at the couch at his suit. I walked over and held it up admiring it.

"This suit is amazing by the way, not as good as the one I made of course but it's still good for an amateur. Of course, I'm going to have to add protective instalments because that's just the type of dad I am and then you'll be swinging around New York in no time," I replied.

Peter rolled his eyes but a smile danced on his lips. I smiled back ruffling his hair, I didn't lose the kid I just needed to find him again.

Hey Guys!

Thank you so much for all the kind and supportive comments, they really make me feel so happy and they give me motivation to write! I hope you enjoyed this oneshot and a new one will be coming out soon!

Thank you so much!

<3