Chapter 1

It's been two months since we dealt with Ivan Vanko and Fury said I was officially an "Avenger." Dad on the other hand is not and is at the same time it's all confusing. Dad just bought a tower in New York. I also just turned 17 and partied with some friends. Tomorrow Dad is gonna make the tower use clean energy but today we are celebrating Pepper's birthday. I went into my room and grabbed Pepper's present and asked Jarvis to record the whole thing. Dad came out of his room with Pepper's present in a big box and I came out with a little box. Dad and I started to walk back down the stairs to the living room to give Pepper her presents.

"Hey dad I'll bet you $20 that Pepper is gonna like my present way better."

"Doubt that cause mine costed more than my 3 cars but your on." We walked down the stairs.

"Happy Birthday Pepper!" We both said as we sat down on the couch next to her.

"Thanks you guys, you didn't have to get me anything."

"Oh please Pepper your family and everyone gets presents on their birthday." I said

"Here open mine first." Dad said handing Pepper his present. She opened it and it was a beautiful pearl necklace and earrings.

"Oh my god Tony this is so beautiful. Thank you so much!" She hugged dad.

"Alright my turn." I said handing her my present. She started to open it. "Happy helped me a lot with this so I hope you like it." She first found a custom pen that I had made with her name on it in her favorite color and pretty silver picture frame. "This is so cute thanks."

"A pen and a picture frame? Yeah pumpkin, you blew her away."

"Keep digging there's one more in there." She got to the bottom of the box and pulled out adoption papers. "The lawyer already looked it over so all you have to do is sign it and fax it to lawyer and then we should get the official paperwork and certificate in a couple of days." Pepper started to cry and jumped up and hugged.

"Oh my god are you sure."

"I've never been so sure in my life. So are you gonna sign those papers?"

"Of course I am!" She said as she signed them. "This is the best present anyone has ever given me! I'm going to fax this right now." I gave her another hug and dad handed me $100. "Happy Birthday Mom." Pepper took all of her presents and left to go fax the paperwork and bring her presents home.

"Is that paperwork you made me sign for an "invoice."

"Yep."

"Ok I'll admit that is the greatest present ever. Glad Pepper is the one that will be your mother figure. I know your mom would have loved her."

"So dad when you gonna ask Pepper marry you?"

"Slow down there munchkin. We're not that far along yet."

"Well we should get to bed. I gotta finish decorating my new room and look over the efficient power plans since you gotta finish it in the ocean tomorrow. Night dad."

"Goodnight."