Chapter 1; Freedom

I hid behind a small stand, a guard swam passed me. I watched them all swim by, so I pushed the water behind me, propelling my body to the right. I held my bag tightly to my waist, I swerve my way through a crowd. I looks behind me, smirking. 'Yes!' I think as I suddenly hit someone, the latch of my bag opens as seaweed wrapped Swordfish. I shake my head, and level myself out. My eyes are meet another's, a boy with green markings and silver eyes swam over and grabbed my food. "Sorry, Miss." he holds the swordfish to me, I take it from him.
"It's fine, well... bye!" I said moving the water to send me forward again.

I smile and stop in front of a statue of a beautiful woman, I bow my head in respect and swim up to the surface. I break the surface, I cough a little, my lungs filtering the water out. I hoist myself up onto the pavement, I open my bag and smile. My feet sat in the in the water swinging gently, the fish sat in my lap. I stared at the sunsetting over the horizon, I brought the fish my mouth, eating it. Jumble flew over landing on my shoulder, I smile gently. I finish eating standing, I walk up a staircase carefully.

I go onto a roof, where a small garden grew. I walked over to a tree, I gently touch the bark. "Hey, Jumble, is the real world... magical?" He tweeted back, flying onto a branch. I sighed and sat down on the ground, "I wonder if it's really like what the writings say? Different races' co-living together." I close my eyes and lean my head against the tree, my clothes clung to my wet skin. "Maybe if I went there I could start over, you know, with a clean slate." I say my eyes opening again, staring up into the trees' branches. "See more land animals, try new foods, meet new cultures."

I eventually left that spot, I climbed down into my room, with was what I assumed was a child's before abandoned. I sit down on the cot, I stretched my arms yawning. The moon shimmering on the ocean, through my window. I laid my head down on a my arm, yawning. Jumble flew in, perching on my window frame, he slowly fell asleep as well.

...Timeskip...

I wake up to loud yelling, I rub my eyes. I look out the window seeing guards of Gallai, my heart sunk. "N-no..." I panic grabbing my bag, I stuff my extra clothes in it. All the crimes I've committed race through my head, I snatch up some seeds. "Jumble, shoulder." I command at him, he flew over landing. I had the advantage to them this time, they weren't used to the level of gravity or breathing normal air and not filtering it through the water particles. I climbed up on the roof, my bag bouncing as a moved quickly. I leap towards the water, the water formed under my feet and gave me somewhere to stand.

"STOP! YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR—" the water created a dome pulling me under, I sat in the center with Jumble still on my shoulder. I looked around, and directed it to just go straight. 'Land can't be that far can it? Well, there is no turning back now, I'll probably be hung back home.' I felt a shiver run up my spine at the thought.

The first chapter is short BUT they will not
all be this short! I can promise you that.
~Love, Faith