Manoban Group

Jennie -

"Manoban Group"

The logo was very unique. It looks like someone's handwriting, very simple but quite powerful.

I was finally standing in front of the company building and I can't contain my raging heart. I went straight to the recruitment office where I was told to proceed on my first day. As I sat on the couch in the middle of a huge lobby, a blonde approached me.

"Hi! You must be Ms. Kim?" The blonde asked holding a few folders.

"Yes I am." I said proudly.

"Alright Ms. Kim, here is your ID. You are expected to work at the marketing department located at the 12th floor. Come, I will escort you and introduce you to your boss. Oh and by the way, Welcome to Manoban Group!" We shake hands and I felt so happy. The blonde reached out for my hand and we stride towards the elevator.

I'm still amazed and I can't believe that I will be working on this place. Everything looks perfect. The floors were all white, I was too afraid my shoes would stain the floor. The building was a combination of white and gray from the outside but it's all white from the inside. Everything smells nice and looks really expensive.

Everyone seems like they had graduated from prestigious schools and came from rich families. I mean, who wouldn't want to work with Manoban Group right? They're the most wanted company ever.

As the elevator door opens, another lobby greeted me. It has the same Manoban Logo on the front desk and I still can't believe that I will be working here.

At the left side of the front desk, there's a huge glass walls with the word "Marketing Team". There were at least 6 desks that were facing each other and at the end, there was a room which I'm guessing is an office.

"Good morning Ms. Kim, this is Jennie Kim the new secretary."

The blonde introduced me to a very young woman which I'm guessing is around 29-30. She seems very gentle and kind. She was sitting on the very corner of the room with a plate on her table that proudly says "Vice President". She smiled at me as she stood up from her swivel chair. Her dark hair looked very appealing, it matched her emerald dress perfectly. She reached out for my hand and I gladly took it.

"Hello Ms. Kim, my name is Jisoo Kim" I smiled at her and introduced myself.

"Hello Ms. Kim, my name is Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. Thank you for accepting me!" I bowed and I heard her chuckle.

"No need for formalities. It's funny we have the same last name. Are we related or something?" she asks and I furrowed my brows.

"I'm afraid I don't have the same genes as you do Ma'am. You look like a goddess" I shyly admit and she laughs.

"That's the spirit! I like you already! Should I call you Jennie? Ruby Jane? Wow. You have a very unique name by the way." I smiled at her.

"You can just call me Jennie, Ms. Jisoo." I said.

"Okay! But if I call you Jennie, please just call me Jisoo." She laughed as I stare at her speechless.

"But..." I was about to say no when she clasped her hands together.

"Please. I insist." I nodded at her.

"Okay then, Jisoo. Thank you." I said warily.

"Perfect! Now let me show you around."

We went outside and I didn't even realize that people already came in. When I arrived a few minutes ago there was no one and now the desks were occupied by six people.

"Everyone, gather around! I want you to meet Jennie. She will be working as the new secretary. Please introduce yourselves."

"Hi! My name is Jin! Welcome to marketing. Best of the best!" A handsome tall man introduced himself.

"Hi I'm Jungkook, you can call me yours." He took my hand and placed a gentle kiss as he showed me his boy next door smile. I cringed but managed to smile.

"I'm Irene and this is Seulgi. Welcome to our family!" Two girls smiled at me as they gave me a quick hug.

"Suga. Nice to meet you Jennie. I'm the nerd of the family. Welcome to marketing team." He smiled at me as he fixed his glasses. He actually looks good to call himself a nerd. Maybe a genius is the better term.

I noticed one girl at the corner looking at me from head to toe. With the way that she looks at me, I already know she doesn't like me.

"Oh. That is Nancy by the way. She's just really not a social person. But you're okay, don't worry" Jisoo whispered in my ear and I smiled at her.

"Nice to meet you Nancy" I smiled at her but she just raised her eyebrow at me and went back to her desk.

Great! One already hates me.

"Now let me show you your desk. Follow me." Jisoo led me to a desk at the other side of the corner near her room.

As I carefully inspect the corner, I realized there was another room beside Jisoo's Office. The glass was not clear so I thought it was another wall or something.

"This is our President's Office. She would always keep her fog lights on so we don't see her. She's always out of the office anyway and comes in very rare"

As we walk in front of the President's office, Jisoo showed me a desk.

"This will be your place starting today. You can decorate it however you like, but keep it simple or else she'll get mad"

Analyzing what she just said, she chuckled and pointed at the president's room.

"Inside this office is the devil's daughter so

The desk was all white. It was very neat, simple but too elegant. I don't even think I fit in here but I don't care –

Because I have finally landed a job with my dream company!

The first thing I did on my first day was to review and study everything about the department. The rest of the day was just normal and I didn't felt tired at all because I was too happy with how my day is going. I glanced at the clock and I realized that I made it through my first day. I glanced at the office in front of me and tilted my head to the side.

Jisoo was right, the president doesn't come in to work at all.