Divaraida - Part 1: Fairytale >< Chapter 2

.....I couldn't belive it. My parents, dead. Myself, an orphan. My life? Well, I wasn't exactly sure wether I wanted it or not.  Even though I knew there was nothing I could do about it, I still felt like I should be doing something. Since I couldnt think of anything, I turned my tear streaked face towards my friends, and 'The Future's of Fairytale'. 

....."Any ideas?" I asked them. My voice hitching and breaking.  Lily was silent. In shock as well, I would have thought.  Sian was staring at a very tall green something out of the window.  A piercing shriek split the silence. 

....."MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!" that was all Sian said, then without warning ran outside towards the tall green something. *Sigh* it was probably our fourth elementalist. And from what Sian said, well, more like shrieked, her name was Megan and she was probably our Earthy friend. Lily and I quietly rose from the ground, and silently walked outside, Lily staring at nothing, her eyes vacent.  I quickly noticed that she was the tallest of us all, and had long, brown hair that obscured her face from view.  Sian started talking, she said it far too fast for me to catch much of it, but I understood most of what happened.

....."Ohmygod, youguys, thisismybestfriendMegan, shecomesfromearthaswell, ithinksheisthenicestpersonalthoughidontreally knowyouguyswellenoughtyet, um, sheisverytallandsmartandumyeah!"

....."What?" I asked meekly. 

....."Oh, oops! I always talk to fast when i am excited-can-you-tell? Iknowitisareallybadhabbitbutstill!"  "Sian, sloooow down, please." 

....."Oops, ok so, right, well this is my best friend Megan-she-comes-fromearth-

....."SIAN!"

....."Sorry Meredith, anyway she comes fom earth just like me, and uh, yeah."

....."Thank you Sian, anyway, uh, hi Megan, I am Meredith and this is Lily. We are all fairies as you can see, our type is called an elementalist, and we control one element each. I am air, Lily is water, Sian is fire, so you must be Earth." I said, wiping my face.

....."Hi Meredith! Hi Lily!" she said.

....."Uh, Lily? Whats wrong, and why are you crying Meredith?" asked Megan, waving her hand in back and forth in front of Lily's blank staring face.

....."Queen Elidor, she was our Queen, before her evil brother, King Rosforth took over, of Fairytale I mean. Anyway, he killed Lily's and my parents because they, well, I don't know what they did. They didn't do anything as far as I know. Anyway, Lily and I are now orphans, with magic powers that we don't really know how to use. I mean, I can make tiny tornados, and float on air, Lily can make a globe of water and control the temperature of it. But that is it. My parents were teaching us, but not any-any-m-more!" I sobbed. 

....."Oh, I am so sorry. Hey! I have a great idea! Lets go kill him, feed his brains to his guards or whatever, take his crown, bring your parents back to life, and uh, ooh, rule the world!" She yelled.

....."It doesn't work like that." Lily interjected quietly. "Queen Elidor is our rightfull Queen, until she dies, or until she choses a successer. But King Rosforth has taken her powers, and most likely killed her, or locked her up for further torture." she whispered.

....."So does that mean we can't go and kill him, feed his brains to his guards or whatever, take his crown, bring your parents back to life, and rule the world?" she asked crestfallen.

......"Yes." I laughed. "Sorry Megan, but listen right before my mom died, she gave me this." I held up the glass bottle to the light.

....."And she said to never let him defeat us, for supposedly we are the futures of Fairytale, meaning that if he defeats us, then no-one else has the power to stop him. We can't let him become King officialy. Then he would wreak his havoc everywhere, and, if you does have Queen Elidor's power, and he defeats us, then he will have enough magic to open up the portle to your world and sta-"

....."SO WE COULD GO HOME?!?!?!?!?!?!?" Sian interupted.

....."No, let me finish talking, and we would be dead if he defeated us, anyway, like I was saying, he would have enough magic to open the portal to your world, and eventually control the planet." Then the full realisation  of what I had just said sunk in.

....."Wait." I whispered. "He knows that we are going to challenge him eventually, and he also knows that both we and him are getting more and more powerful by the second, he's banking on the idea that we might not know as much as we think we do when we do ake a whack at him, then he will drain us of our magic, or try to control us through threats, or torture and use us to do his dirty work, and then dispose of us!" I said, my voice climbing.

....." Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Meredith, slow down! We haven't even found out where he lives yet!" Sian pointed out.

....."True." Lily stated.

....."Also, we will definately have to get some clothes other then the ones we are wearing." she said.

....."Why?" Megan asked.

....."I can't just ditch my jeans!" she freaked.

....."Why not? Megan they are jeans, and you can buy new ones! But Lily, why would we need to look any different then we do now?" I asked curious.

......"Because of these." Lily said. She help up a poster of the four of us with a huge reward at the bottom. 

......" Wanted. For the killing of four innocent fairies - Mr. and Mrs. Shepard, and Mr. and Mrs. Austin. Four Elementalists Megan Chandler - Earth    Lily Austin  -  Water     Meredith Shepard  - Air   Sian Marshall   - Fire Careful, VERY DANGEROUS" it stated. "

....."What?!" I screeched. "How could he?! That rotten, good for nothing, fat old pig! That murderous, evil, CREATURE!!!!! How dare he blame US for our own parents death?!" I yelled.

....."Meredith, that is what he wants. He wans people to think that we are so cold hearted, we can kill or own parents, and then they won't want to help, teach or save us! He knows we would never do that, but other people don't! He wants this match to end with all of us, stripped of power and lifeless, or slaves at his feet, with himself at the top! Now, everyone thinks we are cold heartless murderers and he is trying to bring us in, but because of the histories, they will think he's going to kill us which he will probably do, he won't want us around to make a resistance. So people aren't sure which is worse. They really have three options. Option 1. Flee Fairytale, but lose your magic Option 2. Turn us in, but join his dark side or Option 3. Keep us safe, but if they get caught, be killed too!" Lily interjected, ticking off her fingers. "No matter what they choose, its one of those lose, lose or lose situations." she pointed out. 

....."But for now, none of that matters, we need to change our appearances, currantly we look like kind, pretty, reckless young fairies, we need to become one of two things, either four poor, ragged, thin starving weak beggers, or four rich, wealthy, snotty countesses! All in favor of beggers say I!" Lily said It was silent.

....."Cou-" Lily was interpted by a grand chorus of two huge "I"s.

....."Merdith, why are you so quiet?" Lily asked.

....."Well, I was thinking, both of my parents could shape-shift and I was thinking that if I could too, then we could be three rich countesses with a pretty spirited unicorn pulling a carriage! People are on the lookout for groups of four, if we are three, and an animal, we will be much safer!" I said. 

....."Hmm." Megan said a calculating look crossing her face. Sian was silent.

....."Lily, what do you think?" I asked.

....."It is a good idea, but, wouldn't you get really tired from pulling us all day, even more so in a different form? And, we dont even know if you  CAN shape-shift!"

....."True. Well, I could try." I admitted sheepishly.

....."Go ahead, whats the worst that could happen? She fails?" encouraged Megan.

....."Ok." I said nevously. I fixed the image of a pale cream unicorn, with a silvery mane and tail in my mind. and whispered one word. "Shift."