"You got anything yet?"

Tam shook his head.  "I told you this was dumb."

"No, you mumbled that it was dumb and then I gave you a single whip for being a smartass."  Gethen smirked as Tam cast his eyes back towards the ground.  "You have two more hours."

"What happens after two hours?"

"The cuffs wear off and we have to resort to physical pain - which, might I remind you of, you were highly against."

Tam swung his leg back and forth until he heard the door lock again.

Keefe's eyes took a moment to leave the stone.  He looked at Tam hesitantly.  "The bad man hurt you?"

Tam shrugged.  "It's not that bad.  It hurts a lot less than accidentally falling out of the window."

Keefe, despite the 'happy emotion cuffs' didn't seem to buy it as he scooted closer.  He didn't stop until he could rest his chin on the other's knee.  These cuffs weren't supposed to give hangovers, but this boy was definitely going to get one.  "He shouldn't hurt someone who's so pretty though."

Tam felt himself blush as he looked from the floor to Keefe's ice blue eyes.  "I'm fine.  Can you just tell me something recent about the Blackswan?"

Keefe turned so that his cheek rested on the other.  "Mwsterious Mrs. F told me to tell you to tell the badmen something specific if I had to."

It was hard to distinguish the relief from the terror as Tam asked what it was.

"Something something no swan songs allowed something something."

Tam raised an eyebrow before the message seemed to click into place in his mind.  "That's all you can say?"

Keefe nodded.

Tam sighed and leaned back, running a hand down his face.  "Can you tell her something if you see her again?"

Keefe looked back up at him with a smile and nodded.

"Something something swan song something something."

The punch (though it was very light) startled him.  "What was that?"

"She said to hurt you if you told me that."  Keefe hiccuped.  "I'm sleepy."

Tam groaned.  "No sleeping.  Just tell me one thing.  Please!"

You could almost see the happy emotions increase as Keefe smiled.  Gethen was probably ramping it up in an attempt to get Keefe to talk.

"Hey," Keefe said, his voice suddenly a lot less high.  "We should go out sometime."

"Huh?"

Keefe's lopsided smirk didn't falter.  "You're, like, gorgeous."

"Not helping."

Keefe shifted his position so that he sat on his knees.  He unfolded Tam's legs so that they dangled next to each other and he crossed his arms over them.  "I'll be the frog if you be the princess."

"GETHEN TURN DOWN THE VOLUME!" Tam yelled towards the door.

Keefe giggled.  If Gethen had increased it again...

The boy's giggles turned into a full laugh attack as he fell backwards.  "Your teeth have-" he gasped "-gaps!  And they're so cute?!"  Keefe turned to the side, tears beginning to run down his face.  "Why are they so cute?!"

"Because they want you to tell them something about the Blackswan."

Keefe seemed to laugh harder at that.  "But the only thing that's happened is candle making.  Your teeth though! Honey!"

Hopefully Gethen would take that as a win.

Tam sighed and figured he'd help the other out as a reward for giving a bit of information up, even if it seemed poor and unusable.  He sat on his knees and put his hands under the other's arms, lifting him up so that he was draped across him.

Keefe turned his head to giggle into the other's shoulder.  "Teeth gaps.  Gaps boy!"

"Shh..." Tam tried to shush.  He wandered what Gethen would think when he reviewed his memories that night.  "Calm down."

"Gaps boy..."

"Shh.. Go to sleep you little nutjob.  Aren't you tired?"

"Tired of yo' bull!"

Tam glared at the wall in front of him.  "You have three choices.  You go to sleep the easy way, you tell me more about the Blackswan, or I knock you out myself."

"Says the boy who's, like, 120 pounds."  Keefe snorted, but he did seem to attempt to find a more comfortable position... before cracking up again.

This idea was stupid.  Keefe could've survived the physical pain, honestly.

Should I (try) to write a 'hangover' fic lol