Ch 1: After the storm

Grace pov

The witherstorm was destroyed. Everything was reduced to rubble. But then I saw the most horrifying thing. My girlfriend, petra, was being wheeled into one of the many ambulances. Her skin was grey, her now purple eyes were closed, and that damn purple rash had spread to her shoulder. I watched as the ambulance quickly loaded her in and drove off to what i assumed was the hospital. I got in my car and drove there aswell. But, of course, I couldnt see petra due to the fact she was currently in surgery to get rid of the withersickness. So I sat down in the waiting room and told my sister megan what happened. Thankfully, she was close by and promised to come when she got the chance. After texting her I put my phone in my purse and sighed. I was terrified. I didnt want to lose petra. She means so much to me. An hour later a nurse told me petra was in the ICU and would be there until she stabilizes. After she left I updated Megan. Megan texted me back saying shes on her way. I smiled. At least I had my sister. She arrived 10 minutes later since she doesnt live to far away. She hugged me and assured me that Petra would be fine. I wanted to believe her, I really did, but I just couldnt. In the back of my mind all i could hear is something saying Petra wouldnt make it. I thought it was right.

Megan Pov

I got out of my car and walked quickly to the hospital entrance. I hoped both Grace and Petra are okay. They are just so in love with each other. I walked through the door and immediately saw my sweet younger sister sitting in one of the many uncomfortable waiting room chairs wither her head in her hands. I walked over and sat in the chair beside her and gently put a hand on her shoulder. "Hey Gracie" I say gently. "Hey...." Was all she could say. "U doing ok? I know this cant be easy for you" She only shrugged. I gently squeezed her shoulder. I could see tears well up in her ocean blue eyes as she sniffed. "Shes gonna be okay Gracie. I promise" She nodded as she used all her strength to keep herself from bursting into uncontrollable tears. Unfortunately, My husband texted me saying I needed to come home. I sighed, then stood up. "Im sorry Gracie, I got to go back home. My husband needs me" I said sadly. I really didnt wanna leave my sister alone. Not right now. But she just smiled at me which I knew was fake. "Thats ok Meg." She said. I hugged her before I reluctantly turned and walked out the hospital doors. I walked into the parking lot and got into my car just sitting in the driver seat for a minute. "I really hope Grace will be okay" I thought. I turned my car key into the ignition. Once the car engine started, I pulled out of the hospital parking lot and began to drive home.

Grace Pov

Megan left me. Thats the second thing I could think about it. First Petra, now Megan. And as if on cue, the voice returned. Its your fault they left. The voice told me. I didnt object. Because it was right. This was my fault. If I hadnt ran through the portal, i couldve helped Petra. If I hadnt texted Megan what had happened, she wouldnt have came. I just sat in the waiting room chair, tears begining to slip from my eyes. I was heartbroken at the thought of losing Petra and furious at myself for selfishly rushing through the portal to the nether rather than help Petra from the tractor beam. It was all my fault. More tears fell from my eyes as self hatred and grief began to rise. After only a few minutes of silent sobbing, the tears stopped. I only stared at the floor. Wishing, praying, that all of this was just some terrifying nightmare. A nightmare that I could wake up in the loving arms of my girlfriend. But it wasnt. This was absolutly real. Not a nightmare, not a horror story, this was real life. And all a could do was stare down at the white tile floor, completly lost in thought.

........

After hours of waiting, a doctor walked out of what i assumed was the operating room and towrds the waiting room. Towards me. I wiped my tears before lifting up my head to look at the doctor. She was wearing blue operating scrubs and matching shoes. Her hair was concealed by the blue swim cap that kept any germs from entering the previous room. "Grace Adams I presume?" The doctor asked. I nodded. "Yes, thats me" I said. "Your girlfriend, Petra, shes out of surgery and is now recovering in her hospital room. You can see her if you wish" the doctor said. I was shocked. Did I hear her right? I could only nod at the doctor. She lead me to the second floor and stopped halfway down the seemingly endless hallway. She gestured to the door beside us. "She is asleep, but you can go in." She said before leaving me. I took a breath and stepped into the hospital room. My self hatred only grew when I saw Petra. Her waist and arm had bandages on them, an oxygen mask was around her nose, and she had two IV bags hooked to her other arm. One bag filled with blood, the other filled with IV fluids. I sat down in a chair that was beside Petra's bed. Tears welling in my eyes once again. "Please.....please be okay Petra"

A/n
Hello! Im going to try to make these chapters longer since Im not sure when the next chapter will be due to school. So, bye for now!

-Mcsm fan