▌│█║▌║▌║

The next day, you were back with 1A. Not much happened in their class except for the announcement of the Sports Festival happening in a few days. To be honest, you weren't all that interested in it. It wasn't like the Big Three were going to be fighting in it, so you didn't really have anyone to cheer for. You could honestly care less about the rest of the people fighting. Yes, you knew some of them, but not enough that you wanted to cheer them on... except maybe Kendou. She seemed nice enough.

Speaking of the Big Three, you sat with them again at lunch. It was quickly becoming your favorite part of the day since you liked hanging out with them so much. Nejire ended up trying to braid your hair, but it wasn't going very well since she didn't know how to well... braid hair. Mirio was laughed at her attempts before nudging her aside, tongue sticking out in concentration as he showed her the proper way to braid hair.

You were a little flushed at how close the two of them were to you, but you figured that it was a friend thing and nothing more.

Tamaki sat in the background, watching everything go down with a small smile. You got the hint that although he wasn't directly included in all of the action, he was having fun watching. You waved to him, and his cheeks turned pink, looking down at his food. You supposed that you hadn't entirely made it past his defenses yet.

That's when the butterfly landed on his nose. He didn't freak out, only froze, going cross-eyed as he watched the butterfly. You laughed, standing up to go help him out. You stood in front of him, using your pointer finger to get the insect off of his nose. He went even more red at the action, and the butterfly paused for a moment before flying off to find another target.

"That was a little weird," you said, mostly to yourself.

He nodded and spoke. "Thanks for helping me out there."

"Of course!" You replied, walking to sit back down next to Mirio, who continued his mission to braid your hair. You paused for a minute. "You know, normally people would be more freaked out by what I told you, but you guys haven't treated me any differently. I really appreciate that."

"Of course we wouldn't treat you different, silly!" Nejire chided. "We're friends! We like you for you! Being from another universe won't change that."

Mirio and Tamaki nodded, and you felt yourself blush. "Thanks, guys. You're the best." And you meant it. You'd had friends before, but none of them were as kindhearted as the three people currently besides you. You laughed together for the rest of lunch before you had to get back to Class 1A.

You walked back into the classroom, taking a seat in the back. You pulled out your notebook, which you'd been using to document theories about your arrival in this universe. Shoto Todoroki- who sat directly in front of you, turned around and looked you int he eyes. You shot him a puzzled glance.

"Who are you?" He demanded quietly after a brief moment of silence. "You claim to be a journalist, but I think it's strange that Aizawa randomly brought you in. There's never been a journalist actively in classes at UA. I looked it up."

"I don't know why that is?" You said, playing dumb. "I'm just trying to do my job."

"That can't be it. Isn't it strange that you showed up just after the attack on USJ?" Todoroki pressed, and you crossed your arms, narrowing your eyes. Was no one else seeing this? you wondered as he continued bombarding you with questions.

"I think you're overthinking things," you told him. You were starting to think the poor kid had anxiety. That would definitely be a reason for him to be this paranoid.

"Or maybe you're Mr. Aizawa's secret love child or something?"

"I'm sorry, what?" You asked, choking on a laugh. "I'm not Aizawa's kid. I'm seriously just a journalist. You can ask Nezu if you're so hesitant to believe me; he's the one who hired me in the first place."

And that was the end of that conversation. You were left to your own devices for the rest of the class, so you used to the time to continue your research. Nighteye ended up messaging you, telling you that his contacts had come up with nothing. While you were slightly disappointed, you couldn't help but feel that something was off in his response. You frowned, messaging back, but he never responded.

You were a bit worried. It was strange that he would inquire on something from the hero commission and then just... stop replying to messages. You couldn't tell if it was anxiety or rational thinking that had you so worried.

Later that night, you continued your research alone. You also messaged a strangely enthusiastic Himiko Toga, who told you that she had done what you had told her to do. You couldn't stop the dread that pooled in the bottom of your stomach at her words. She didn't seem to care that you got freaked out by what she said, though, just continuing to talk about how nice it had finally been to stop pretending. Part of you was happy for her, yes, but you also didn't want to come to terms with the fact that your encouragement had caused a murder.

You ended up looking it up on the news, only to be proven right. Your friend was now a wanted criminal... and you had her number. If you really wanted to, you could report her to the police and have her arrested, especially since she was still texting you from it. She had explained to you that none of her other friends had access to this number, so you were truly the only one who could do something about it.

But you couldn't. There was a part of you that considered her a friend, in a strange way. You didn't want to just... give her up. You didn't want to. So, you ended up telling her not to fatally injure anymore people for blood. You even gave her tips on where to cut so that she could nonlethally subdue her prey. You supposed that you were aiding and abiding a criminal now.

You cursed yourself for your own stupidity- the moral dilemma of it coming back to you. You could turn her in. You could do it... but turning her in also meant that you would be messing up the entire timeline. She was one of the main villains in the series. Getting her arrested would mean that everything would be fucked up.

Eventually, you realized that you had no choice but to let her continue. It was one of the most difficult things you had ever had to come to terms with, but you knew Nighteye was right. Messing with the timeline would only cause you and the people you'd come to care about pain.

Even if you did want to save him, you knew that in order to do so, you couldn't mess up anything yet. It all had to fall into place the same way it did in the original story in order for this to work. After you saved him, everything was going to change, and you didn't know if you were ready for that. It was terrifying to think about, if you were being honest.

You fell into a fitful sleep that night, plagued by your own mistakes.