Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The room I woke up in was stuffier then our home bathroom. No breeze twisted in my hair, nothing moved, all seemed dead. Feeling an oozing warmth I instantly tried to raise my hand, only to find my wrist held down by something metal. The liquid was as thick and sticky as honey, just it made my head spin. 

At the sound of a door opening my wolf screamed that we were doomed, screamed that we'd never find our mate, and screamed about finding Melanie before we died. Such an uplifting consultant. 

A male werewolves presence wafted into the room. Pulling in a breath I leaned back, away from the scents origination.  My wolf was pestering me again, even though we were one now, she still had her own thoughts. 'We have to find our mate...' 

I pretended not to listen to her comments, which in my case might be a little tough. Me HAH!! Trying to block out my own thoughts... It's kind of hard, if you get my meaning. Tensing my muscles was the best instinct being locked in this chair could offer. My breath came in deep huffs, agitation breaking through my somewhat calm barrier.

He was making my wolf mad, why didn't he show himself, I should have been able to see him, I had great night vision, but he was eluding me. A deep growl rebounded off the tight walls. Making sure I hadn't been the one to make the noise I stiffened. 

Bleakly the sound came again, a low rumbling, echoing back around the room, or cell. Then it bombarded me, whoever was making that sound... Was laughing at me... My wrist twitched and I felt a prick in my shoulder. Not daring to glance back I held in a aggravated snarl and sat as still as I could.

The certain shape of the weapon, blunt except the tip, gave me the conclusion that the werewolf behind me wasn't meaning to seriously injure, but warn me...

Bunched in tension my body rippled as a cool sensation dribbled over my skin. 'What in the world...?' Feeling a moan rise in my belly, I threw it down, not ready to show them I was weak. My warm skin radiated as much heat to keep my temperature above 16o degrees. This cold feeling made my body screech, I wasn't made for this much cold. I could withstand a ton of freezing ice, but this... This was more than -230 degrees, just on my skin...

With a loud growl I threw back my head and knocked the Tension Knife into the corner. The werewolf didn't even groan as I pulled up with my arms, my muscles bulging. 'Break... BREAK' I screamed exasperated. The thick rope held my hands down strongly. But as a werewolf I was able to just barley pop the strings and I had stood up. 

Only to fall back over... 'My legs!' With a worm-like movement I had the ropes that shackled my ankles to the chair, grasped in my hands. A growl rumbled nearby, 'Oh great!' 

'What's wrong?' 

The voice appeared once more in my head. I shoved at it, 'Leave me alone, find your own packs link...' 

My retort left the male with a hurt emotion bubbling over in my mind. I couldn’t leave him feeling like that. 'Look I'm sorry now give me some peace-and-quiet.'

With a hard push I had the ropes off my ankles, and the other wolf had gotten up. His head shaking as if to shed of any water. Warmth spread stickily over my shoulder, oozing down my chest. Caring not about that I rushed at the door. Nothing happen...  so I yelled, "Let me OUT!!"  OK I admit, that wasn’t the most thought through moment of my life, but hell I was being chased by madmen...

My wolf bared it teeth within me, 'Our mate is with them...' her words caught me by surprise... But she wasn't lying, I was pulled toward an alluring scent beyond the door. 

With a great heave I felt the door shift slightly. Taking a glance over my shoulder, the wolf had been able to stand, his eyes flashing and my heart quickened.  I screamed. Yes; I the girl who never screamed let out the loudest scream I'd ever heard. With eardrums protesting painfully, I put more force to the door, breaking through its hard challenge. Hope seared through me like a bolt of lightning through the storm clouds. Only to feel a quick pinch, hear my screams halt... A lost consciousness...

Kyle pulled himself over yet another fallen tree. His heart was pounded from his run, but his soul was cast fallen as he and Sean heaved from out of the west forest. They were headed to the deeper part of the woods, the north-eastern area that nobody ever dared to enter.

'I am coming...' Kyle could hear Sean's feet thudding heavily on the ground behind him. The muscles in his legs seared with burning flames as he struggled to run. His heart thundered beneath his ribcage, pounding blood fleetingly throughout Kyle's body. The steady beating of his lifeorgan throbbed through his veins. His rage lending strength to his run...