Chapter 5 - The Room

Start from the beginning

“That would be why I used the term, my pack,” he replied with a small smile.

“Do I get to know your name?” I asked feeling him brush through my hair with his fingers. If I had been feeling more alive I would've never allowed him to touch me, or even still be alive. He would be dead and I would be on my way home.

“Tom,” he answered. “What’s your name?”

“Kayla.” I replied before there was a moment of silence. “Are you going to turn me?”

“Are you asking to be turned?” he smirked with a raised eyebrow.

“No,” I snapped and he smirked.

I sat staring at the ground with my eyes half closed. I felt so safe to be in the arms of a werewolf but this was the werewolf who had killed my friends. He had killed them all with the exception of Jade who had only just managed to get away. My eyes felt so heavy but I refused to fall asleep, not in his company. Much to my dismay, my eyes closed but I wasn’t quite asleep when I heard talking.

“The pack are questioning your motives with her. Are you going to turn her, kill her, interrogate her? What are you doing with her Tom?” an aggravated voice asked.

“Well I can’t do anything until she’s recovered more. If I were to turn her now she would die, she’s not nearly strong enough. I could kill her but then I wouldn’t get any information and if I interrogated her now, she wouldn’t give up anything without some persuasion which she’s too weak for,” Tom answered from close by.

“What about the one that got away? They’ll recruit more, you know they will and they’ll be back. That girl probably has a tracking device inside her like the others did, when they come back with reinforcements, they’re going to know exactly where we are,” the other voice said.

“We’ll deal with it. The cave tunnels are dangerous and confusing to those who don’t know their way around them. Anyway, they won’t be back for a while yet.”

***

Jade’s POV:

“We have no idea whether they’re even alive or not,” Max sighed as he looked out of the window to his flat with his back turned from both myself and John.

Suddenly hope flooded through me and I wiped my tears away before grabbing John’s laptop and logging on using his secure password that I had cracked a few weeks ago. I went straight onto the GPS tracking system and typed in Nathan’s number.

The map on the screen took me to a part of the woods that we hadn’t even investigated. The dot on the screen was red and beeping on the screen. I looked to the properties bar at the side of the screen.

Form Inactive.

He was dead. I bit my lip as a few tears began to fall down my face. Hope was the only thing keeping me from having a metal breakdown. I typed in Kayla’s number into the search bar. I bit my lip harder, probably drawing blood. The red dot appeared on the screen out of the forest. I looked to the properties panel and saw something that made my heart skip.