Today, she hadn't stopped by the library or anywhere else before leaving the school. Yet, Nishinoya still caught her before she left. Even if he didn't have volleyball practice, schools still let out at basically the same time. Karasuno also wasn't particularly that close to Tohoku High School.

Hitomi took a brief moment to survey the area. She grew more confused when she saw that he hadn't come with a bike or any other form of transportation like a scooter or skateboard. She then examined the boy. His bright smile was still there, but he tilted his head in confusion as she just stared at him in disbelief.

There wasn't a drop of sweat on him.

He couldn't possibly have run here! It was far too fast! Even if he did, how could he not be sweating right now?!

Hitomi couldn't believe it. It should just be inhumanly possible to travel from Karasuno to Tohoku that quickly by foot...right?

Just as she was about to ask him, the voice of another boy interrupted her. It was a voice that she was very not fond of. It belonged to an especially persistent classmate who was one of the reasons why she had mapped out the entire school with special hiding places so she could eat her lunch in peace. "Hitomi-chan! Who's this? Your younger brother?"

Her classmate came up behind her, taking note of Nishinoya in front of him. "Aww, did he come to visit you? That's cute! What year is he in? Elementary school?" The boy observed Nishinoya and placed his hand on Hitomi's shoulder, slightly leaning on her. "Oh? Hang on, he's wearing a gakuran. So, maybe middle school then?"

The libero was about to burst out in anger when he suddenly felt a cold chill creep down his spine. The other boy had felt it as well, but with far greater impact.

Hitomi had simply looked at the hand on her shoulder and to the boy, but she sure did give him a fright. She said nothing, but her glare made the message loud and clear to him.

Get your hand off of me.

Her classmate hastily pulled his hand back, as if he had burned it by touching her shoulder. He laughed nervously, hoping to alleviate the tension in the air.

Hitomi looked at the shoulder that her classmate's hand just vacated. Even though his hand was gone, it seemed like she was still looking at it with disgust.

Watching this interaction, Nishinoya realized something.

He hadn't been on the receiving end of one of Hitomi's ice cold glares in a while.

Of course, that might just be because he only sees her maybe once a week or so, if at all. Still, the past times that he saw her, she had graced him with a few small smiles that nearly made him melt on the spot. This realization made him immensely happy.

Hitomi's voice brought him back out of his little reverie. It was just as cold as her glare. "This is Nishinoya Yuu from Karasuno High School." She emphasized the last part, probably more for the libero's sake than for her own, which he very much appreciated.

Not only that, but the sound of his name coming from her lips was absolutely heavenly. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to take it if she ever introduced him as her friend.

Or even better, as her boyfriend.

The shorter boy quickly shook his head, ridding it of impure thoughts.

"O-Oh! High school! Right! U-Uh anyways...I should get going! I'll see you later!" Her classmate dashed off, having gotten too uncomfortable with her glaring. It seemed extra cold today.

Seeing him run away, Nishinoya was once again thankful and thought he was blessed that he wasn't at the brunt of Hitomi's scowling. His attention went back to her when she spoke to him.