Chapter 16 - The ball

It had been a day since Loki had kissed you, there was no awkwardness or tension between you two, just a few side glances during dinner and when you passed each other in the halls. You had so many questions as to why he kissed you again! You weren't complaining as it always left you feeling fuzzy but it confused you so much. Why did he kiss you? Did he feel something? He said it doesn't mean anything but it does to you and- "Hello, Y/n," Thor suddenly cut you out of your thoughts. It seems you had been wandering the halls aimlessly.

"What's up, Thor?" He looks up confused and you just chuckle. "I don't mean literally!" You playfully punch his arm as he shapes his mouth into an 'o'.

"Well, Y/n, tonight there is a ball held in honor of you!" Your jaw drops and you start to stutter.

"M-me?! W-why m-me?" He chuckles and starts to walk with you.

"Well, you are the long lost daughter of Skaði, of course, do not worry it is a small ball. You will be fine," He smiles and walks off. You sigh and go around the corner to the training grounds.

"Hey, Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg," You greeted each warrior.

"Hello, Lady Y/n!" Volstagg took your hand and kissed it. You smile and transform into your gear.

"I was wondering if I could challenge all of you to a fight? It seems I have nothing else to do," You smile and conjure up an ice pole. Hogun laughs and shakes his head.

"Fight us? All at once? You'll surely get hurt- and right before your ball!" You scoff and turn around, getting into a fighting stance.

"I think you're the ones that'll get hurt... or are you chicken?" You grin as they look dumbfounded.

"I am certainly not a domesticated fowl! Very well then, let us fight!" They all get their weapons and line up. You smirk and charge at them. Taking your pole you swing it to the left, knocking over Fandral and Volstagg. Hogun jumps and elbows you in the jaw. You stop and rub your jaw grinning. His eyes widen and he goes to apologize before you send him flying.

~~~

"She is a warrior, my dear," Frigga looks down at the grounds seeing you fight the warriors. Next to her stood Loki who smiled in awe.

"Indeed she is," Frigga sighs and looks around before turning to her son.

"You care deeply for her," She places her hand on Loki's and smiles calmly.

"No, I-," Frigga places her finger up to her lips quieting her son.

"Don't deny it, Loki, I am your mother after all, and mother knows best!" She places her hand on his cheek and squishes it before turning and leaving. "Ask her to the ball!" She calls after. Loki smiles and looks back down at the grounds. He sees all three warriors on the ground panting and you jumping in the air in glee. You plant kisses and all three men's heads and walk away smiling.

~~~

You had just gotten out the shower and you had an hour to get ready. You had time to spare so you went into your closet and looked around. You picked out a beautiful blue and white dress that had blue lace cascading down on white. Putting your hair up in a twist back style you apply little makeup, mainly because Asgard didn't have much. After getting ready it was a few minutes until the ball. You take a deep breathe and open the door. You venture down the hall and make your way to the main room. You felt like a real princess, it was a Cinderella moment the minute you walked in all eyes were on you. Stepping down the flight of stairs you see Loki and Thor stop talking to look at you. Loki's jaw drops, Thor just smirks and closes Loki's jaw. You giggle and blush as you reach the bottom of the stairs. "Hey, guys!"

"Y/n, you look wonderful! I would bet my brother would say the same if his silver tongue hadn't turned to lead..." Loki growls at Thor causing you to laugh. Loki takes your hand and leads you to the dance floor.

"Hope you don't mind dancing," You blush and confess.

"L-Loki, I don't know how to dance," you look down at your feet, Loki takes your hands and holds one as the other is placed on his shoulder. He puts his hand on your waist and starts to lead. The song starts and you step on his toe. "S-sorry," You blush and step on his toe, this time he winces.

"It's-" again. "Alright, D-" again. "-arling"

"L-Loki I can't do this," you stop dancing and leave the floor, leaving Loki alone as everyone stares. "Idiot! Why did I leave him?! It's fine it's better without me anyways!" You grumble and walk down to the gardens. Sighing, you turn the corner and make your way to the secret spot you had found a while ago. last night you had returned the Great Gatsby so you still had the two Lewis Carroll books to read. You pass into the bushes and sigh at the sight, candles still lit and books still stacked. Sitting down you grab 'Through the looking glass' and start to read, immediately it calms you. You get lost in your thoughts you don't realize the new figure that has appeared in your spot.

"So you're the one who took my book," You shut the book and looked up in shock.

"L-Loki?" He chuckles and sits down next to you. "I-I'm sorry I left- I mean it saved you from an embarrassing dance with me- Have I said sorry for stepping on your toes? I'm sorry-" your gaze fixed on the ground during your ramble.

"Darling, it's alright," Loki put his finger under your chin and moved it to face him. You looked into his deep green eyes, the world stopped around you as he leaned in. His warm lips met yours, moving in sync with each other. He wraps his hands around your waist deepening the kiss. Then you both stop for air. There it was, that warm fuzzy feeling you got after each kiss.

"L-Loki?" You thought of a question to ask him.

"Yes, Elskan mín?"

"First off, what does that mean?" He blushes crimson and sighs.

"It means, my love or my sweetheart..." you smile softly and look back down.

"Secondly... why do you keep kissing me? The first time we kissed you said it meant nothing... but to me it meant everything... it's ok if you don't feel that way but-" his cold hand rests on your cheek as you look his way.

"I was wrong... that kiss meant everything to me too, I was stupid to say it meant nothing, Y/n... I have never experienced these types of feelings... let alone for a Midgardian... Y/n... I- I would like you to be mine,"

~~~

FINALLY!!!! LOVE YOU ALL BAIIIII 

❤️❤️❤️❤️