Chapter Three: Steal a love, curse from above

Susanna's unfortunate accident lay heavy on the shoulders of Lakhesis and Aisa. Together with Klotho they had become witnesses to one of the most dramatic break ups in the history of the mortals. They had shed endless tears watching Terry letting Candy go finally in the middle of the snowy night in New York. Every time Susanna's face would appear they cursed passionately, whilst they jeered with contempt at every occasion Terry was speaking of her name.

Lakhesis especially was unable to control her hate to Susanna. At one occasion, when she watched Susanna hopping on one leg, holding a crutch on the other, getting up the stairs that led to the roof, she instinctively threw her shoe to the wall and spat to the ground, her eyes gleaming with anger. They breathlessly looked at her moving towards the edge of the roof, holding the rails. Both sisters in unison suddenly got up from their seats.

"Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump!", they were shouting on top of their lungs, jumping up and down, like small children.

Klotho turned her eyes on the ceiling, thinking that her sisters were getting deranged, or even maybe they were under a spell of some playful god that wanted to have fun watching two women at the end of their methuselean life spectrum, jumping up and down passionately, hugging each other for support in fear they might end up counting their old bones on the floor. Klotho thought that they looked utterly silly and funny. She left a chuckle on the sight of them jumping and shouting. She loved her sisters dearly, but it was ever so tiring for her to keep them under control. It was always the case since the beginning.

"Guys, please stop! Candy is there!", she shouted to them.

Both of them stopped jumping as they heard Candy's name.

"Ohhhh...Candy is there....", Lakhesis said with a disappointed voice. "She'll save the stupid troll", she continued and left a sigh. She knew it only too well. They had graced Candy with an immensely compassionate heart for everything alive and in danger. It was only a matter of time before Candy would sacrifice her love for Terry and their life together for the one legged girl. It didn't leave any doubt.

"I told you to make her a little selfish, when she was born, but you didn't listen to me!", Lakhesis said angrily to Klotho. "See now, what the poor girl is paying for her heart of gold! Compassionate my @ss!" Lakhesis continued with her first clenched, raised on the air.

"Stop talking like that for my favourite girl! After all it's her heart that your beloved Terry fell in love with!", Klotho protested to the insults of her sister. She loved Candy and wanted to grace her with everything good that mortals had, a heart of pure gold! She may not had been the drop dead gorgeous girl around, but her dazzling smile and pure stare that came straight from that heart were just enough to send everyone to heaven when they lay eyes on her.

"Don't worry sis, we'll work something out, once things calm down. Klotho is feeling just as sad. Isn't that so, Klo?", Aisa said softly to Lakhesis that looked really sad and placed her arm over her sister's shoulders, while her eyes fell on Klotho waiting for her reply.

"You are right sis. I too am very sad for Candy and Terry for that matter. I want them both happy and together at last!", Klotho said with sad yet determined eyes. Lakhesis turned and looked at her and dried her eyes on the back of her sleeve.

"Yes, we'll work something out", Lakhesis added, still sounding a bit gloomy.

Just as Candy left Terry standing on the stairs, Klotho looked thoughtful while her sisters were sobbing quietly.

"I think...it's time to call the Furies", she said to Aisa who turned her head up to look at Klotho, a smile forming on her lips.

"Aahhhhh, yessss....the Furies....", she said and rubbed her hands together looking satisfied. "You see?? We'll get there in the end!" she said and smiled to Lakhesis that was sitting silent, lost in Terry's despair.