+2+

Alana's POV

I've never had a good experience with relationships. Then again, I am only 14... I just started high school. I can't get used to the idea of being alone. Larry had always been there when I was growing up. He left for college 2 years ago because he graduated a few months after I turned 12.

Eversince then, I haven't talked to him. There were a few times here and there that I talked to him that summer, but then my phone broke and I lost his number. I asked my dad for his number but he indirectly said that would be weird and that Larry probably wouldn't want to talk to me. He didn't mean it in a rude way but I mean..... He didn't know how close Larry and I really were. When I stopped talking to Larry, I met someone used to make me feel similar to the way Larry made me feel.... Buuuut he just wanted sex.

After being in the studio, I made my way back up to my room but on my way up, I saw my dad. "Hey dad, I didn't know you were home." I say making him look up and smile. "Yea, I came in a few minutes ago. How was your first week of school?" He asks and I sigh. "I want a refund." When I say that, we both laugh. "Unfortunately, that's not possible, baby girl. But I know something that'll make you feel better." I got confused and he pulled out his phone. When I was about to question what he was doing, he started playing something and it sounded like a phone call.

"Thanks a lot for calling." I heard my dad say on the phone. "No problem. I just want to see how things going now. And if you no mind, please tell Alana that I miss her a lot and I no forget about her. Oh and that we should dance again one day." When I heard Larry on the phone, my face immediately got extremely hot. My dad turned off the recording and I was sitting there trying not to smile too hard.

"There. That's what he said to you. And for your graduation present, we have something even better planned out." When my dad said this, I was convinced that this would be one of the next best days of my life. But graduation is in 4 years!!!! That's too far from now!!! Ughhhhh oh well...

***
It's finally graduation!!! It's the last day I have to be in this school and I am so excited. It's been another freaking 4 years since the day I heard anything from Larry. But the good thing is that the college I want to go to is in New York and that's where Larry lives so my dad and Larry agreed to let me live with Larry so I don't have to worry about paying for on campus tuition and meal plans and everything. I just don't understand how he's able to live in New York in general. It's expensive as heck but then again, he's out of school so he probably just works a lot.

Graduation was finally over and I started trying to make my way to my dad. As I made my way to him, I saw him and a tall behind grown man who's face I remember even though it changed a whole lot. He was always tall but he got taller. When he looked at me and smiled, I ran over and hugged him instantly and I felt his arms wrap themselves around my waist as he picked me up briefly. "You grew so much belle, where did time go?" He asks and I smile once I hear his accent that wasn't as strong but it was still there. "A lot changes in 6 years." I say causing the three of us to laugh then I pull away from Larry to hug my dad. "I really did it!!!" I say excitedly and my dad laughs. "You most definitely did baby girl. I am so proud of you." He said causing me to smile.

~Time Skip

We were finally home and it felt like time went back. "How long will you be here for?" I ask and Larry sighs. "I have to go back to New York tomorrow." He says causing me to pout. "Well that sucks... But that means you're staying over, right?" I ask and he shakes his head. "I want to spend time here with my dad." He said softly and I nodded. "I understand. I'm gonna be working all summer anyway." "I have a question though..." He says which for some reason makes me nervous. "What is it?" "You no tell me that you get a new number... Did you want to stop talking?" When he asks it actually makes me smile. So he really did want to keep talking to me? "No of course not. I broke it and my dad bought me another one but my contacts didn't save. When I asked my dad for your number, he said you would probably think it was weird if I had your number." When I said that, he just looked at me in confusion. "Then why you no tell him we was still talking?" "I didn't want him to make a big deal out of it. But I really did want to talk to you." I said looking back at him and he hugged me. "Good cause I missed you a lot..."