14. Smile Till You're Dead

Start from the beginning

Selozar took a moment to say anything back. He stared at him for a small moment, letting out a sigh after some seconds. He had his gentle smile appear on his face feeling safe and protected. "I-I love you." Selozar tells him, feeling Alberts gentle lips land on his forehead. "I love you more." Albert responded with a brighter smile this time, feeling glad that he looked calmer and less angered.

Albert did felt this deep feeling again of every single thing coming back but he stayed strong for everyone. It had happened out of nowhere and quickly which worried him that things aren't going to be 'easy' as they were before. He hoped it won't be difficult, he wouldn't want to lose anybody he loves and trusts.

The two lovebirds go back inside of the house seeing Jake and Alone standing near the front door waiting for them. After Albert closes the door and locks it, they all together walk to the living room with Alone following behind having a deep glare in his eyes. He hated coming here, he did not want to look anybody in the eyes. He avoided any gaze or stare by having his vision to the floor. There was this deep feeling in him that needed a release but he held back every piece of anger.

All of them four go to the living room standing all around Rust. Meanwhile Alone stood further away from everyone leaning against the wall, crossing his arms. Though Albert got a little close to him, making sure he does not pull anything. Rust was sitting on one of the couches, taking moments to breathe. He lets out one small heavy sigh, keeping his back on the couch and his entire body relaxed down, sinking into the cushions. He really looked exhausted from god knows what.

"Rust what happened? Why are you hurt badly?" Albert asked, filled with concern, seeing some blood drip down onto the floor and couch but he didn't care right now. He just wanted answers to the truth. Though he did hope for his two cats, that they don't go anywhere near touching the blood. The two cats were actually in another room chilling, as usual. "I was attacked." He answered through a dull tone but some emotions were hearable in his voice. His voice sounded hurt and there was a hint of sadness but he hid it away.

"I was just in my forest until these two boyfriends of his attacked me." Rust's head slightly turned over to the angered man, seeing a much more deeper glare but that same man looked away somewhere else. "Alone has no idea why they would come for me. He thinks it is because I used to work with him but had helped Albert out. Although he never gave full details to them about me, not about my forest." Rust says quietly, "The other one for some reason defended me. He doesn't know that exactly either. He thinks it's because she wants to know something from me." He was remembering when his life flashed in his eyes, every single slash, punch, kick and stab he went through very painfully. His bones felt like breaking apart, his entire body hurt when he moved a single finger. "He did send those two to hunt down that girl, but they hunted me down instead for the unknown reason."

"I ran back home in the forest with the help of my creatures, if you remember them scaring the hell out of you all." Albert felt a little surprised that Rust did live in his forest, he really is a scary man. "I was slowed down by these shit bloody injuries I have all over me." He grunts annoyed of not being able to do much. The next thing he talks about will have some of them surprised at his sentences and words. "I contacted Alone within those days of hiding and running here." He says, still remembering all those steps he took to get closer to the house to meet up with him or the other reason. "I told him to warn all of you if I didn't get there, about what had happened since I knew they were not my enemies but all of yours."

Jake suddenly excused himself to go get a glass of water for Rust, but it kept on going, his explanation of what had happened. "He told me he couldn't and refused too, he was still weak from his injuries and had send two very strong people after the girl that defended me like said. The girl that defended me from those killing machines, she's not a good person from what Alone told me." Rust took his vision back over to Alone seeing him quietly scoff, knowing he is staring at him again.