Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Paige

“Alison? Come on, this isn’t funny anymore.” I was walking around in the forest seeking my friend who unexpectedly took off from the party we were at. I was getting worried that I couldn’t find her.

I shivered in the cold night air, in my sexy maids’ outfit that I was forced into wearing for Halloween. I don’t know why Alison keeps talking me into this.

I pulled my arms around myself, seeking comfort and warmth. I peeked around every tree and looked into every whole to see where she had gone.

After fifteen more minutes of wandering the woods I started to panic.

“Alison, come on. We need to go. You can play your sick games later.” I walked deeper into the woods, not even sure if I will be able to find my way back home. I saw a pale figure standing a distance into the woods and I stopped dead in my tracks; the figure was holding a limp Alison in his hands.

I started running forward demanding him to let her go. He stood there watching me.

I stopped as I got near him and stifled a scream as I caught sight of my friend. She was lying limp in his arms, pale as a ghost and her eyes were wide open. On her neck was a wound which oozed out a lot of blood.

I retreated in my path, turning around and started to run forward. I heard footsteps behind me, but when I turned around to look I saw nothing. I channelled all the energy in my body to run faster, to get away from this danger. I heard leaves raking, and twigs twitching in the woods.

I tripped over something and hit the ground hard. When I turned around I saw the pale figure standing in front of me, smiling devilishly. I screamed and scrambled forward, but he caught my foot and dragged me backwards. I dug my nails into the hard ground to stop him from dragging me backwards any further. What good that did. He was strong.

I felt a hand on my hair as he pulled me up and I screamed at the pain that shot through my head. I tried fighting him, but it did no good; it was like fighting a brick wall.

“Stop fighting human. It would do you no good.” The voice was deep and the words sent chills up and down my spine. I fought harder, but suddenly I felt a sharp, stinging pain in my neck and as soon I realised his mouth was on my flesh I started to lose consciousness; letting the darkness take me away into its mysterious place.

I awoke to the sound of a distant voice and dripping water. I felt cold stone beneath my body, which was hard and very uncomfortable. My eyelids fluttered open to reveal a faint glow coming from a lamp in the corner. I could not make out much from where I am, but it looked like a tomb or cave of some sort. A little distance away stood the pale figure and I instantly felt fear rush through me as well as the memories of what has happened. He killed Alison; she’s gone. What kind of monster would do something like that?

The pale figure started pacing and muttering to himself in sentences that made no sense at all.

“She cannot rise. No, she can’t. The sacrament must be killed. Fate should proceed.”

He sounded crazy. I tried sitting up but immediately I felt a sharp pain bolt through my head and I started to get dizzy. I closed my eyes for a moment and took a few deep breaths.