Chapter Three

That night, I spent dinner with the Starks.

I was with Morgan for about 10 minutes before Tony walked in, quietly.

After Tony put Morgan to bed, I asked to speak with Tony for a bit before Pepper stole him.

"Time travel." I said.

"Something like that, yes." Tony sighed.

"Is it ethically possible? Can you do it?"

"Kid... I don't know. Even if I could-" he slowly ran a hand down his face, defeated, "I can't lose what I got."

"Tony, I get it. I'm not asking you to do this or even try, or even to consider it, I'm simply trying to understand." I held his shoulder, as I spoke, as a way of showing him I'm listening.

Tony nodded with a look of pity in his eye, "I'm sorry they didn't tell you. I thought you were visiting for this. But, kid- Riley, I know you miss him. I do too, everyday. But Morgan, this life that I've created, it is not expendable."

After that conversation ended, I went outside for a starry night gaze. There wasn't much sleeping that was going to happen.

Before that however, I helped him with the dishes, where water got everywhere and suddenly I was back in the battlefield 5 years ago seeing Peter for the last time before I got taken through a portal, when Tony pulled out a picture frame of Peter and him posing for a picture.

It gave me shivers.

And from then, neither of us could sit still. I went outside and Tony... well, he worked.

I decided to go back in around 11pm, when I went in, I saw Pepper on the couch and Tony in the dining room, looking at a holographic screen of something that I guessed to be a time travel theory.

I walked in, and he was just telling the screen to take its time.

"Do you think its possible?" I asked.

He sighed, and was about to speak when the holograph glowed, saying "Model successful."

He sat down with his hands up and breathed loudly in surprise.

"Shit!" We both said, in happiness and fear.

"Shit!" We hear a little voice call out.

Tony's head whips around to see his daughter, "What are you doing up little miss?"

Morgan sits on the stairs wearing a smirk, "Shit,"

"No we can't say that word, thats mommies word, she coined it, it belongs to her."

I smile at the exchange. Tony was meant to be a dad.

"Why are you up?" Morgan asks.

"Cuz I got some important shit going on here!" he says sarcastically, "No, I got something on my mind, something on my mind..."

"Like juice pops?"

I laughed, "Sure was." Tony said. "That's exhortion, thats what this was. Great minds think alike," He stood up and spoke with Morgan about juice pops as they walked to the kitchen hand in hand.

A feeling of dread washed over me as I looked from Tony holding his daughters hand, to the screen that holds the answer to reversing the destruction of the world.

I hate that feeling. That he figured out the answer, the way to bring everybody back, and yet, I can't help but to be reluctant in chasing after it.

I want to see Peter again... Sabrina... Sam... Bucky... but when I think of reuniting with them, I can't help but to think of the risks we have to take.