Transmission from an Admiral

Start from the beginning

Lifting my head so that I could look at him. "Admiral Marcus sent this to me the other day. It has some information to my medical file that needs to be updated. He asked that I have you make the adjustments." I watched as he took the disk from me and placed it into his computer. I watched as he played the message and, slowly a look of shock covered his features. By the end of it he was staring at me. There wasn't anything left for me to say so I stood to leave. "Thank you doctor. I shall leave this in your hands."

Just as I was about to exit he called out to me. "(Y/n)... who else knows? Have you told Spock or Jim about this message?" I shook my head.

Turning my head slightly I spoke. "No... you are the first to know. Now if you will excuse me... I should probably find something to do." For the next four days I avoided everyone. Instead locking myself in my lab and creating new projects to run myself. As we reached day four I could see the planet we were looking for out the window. Then I closed the shutters not wanting to see it further.

As I was putting up a petri dish my com system activated again. "(Y/n).... you have been requested to beam down to the planet. The android wants us all there otherwise our engines will be destroyed. Please head to the transporter room. The captain, Spock, McCoy, Ohura, and Checkov will meet you there."

I walked over, pressing the button on the wall. "Acknowledged." With that I unlocked the lab doors and exited to the transporter room. The others were already waiting for me with the Android as well. I remained silent, but followed them down to the planets surface.

When we arrived the Android looked to Kirk. "Our planet's surface is what you classify as K-type, adaptable for humans by use of pressure domes and life-support systems." He walked away to a door with two identical looking women standing before it. "I have brought them."

Apparently someone was waiting for us. Following behind them we entered a new room. Sitting on a throne type chair was a man drinking out of a silver Goblet. He had a long mustache and seemed to care a lot about fancy clothing. The captain and the others seemed to know this man. "Welcome aboard, Kirk. Been a long time, eh?" I folded my hands before me and waited to see what would happen with this man named Harry Mudd. "Well, to be absolutely accurate, laddie-buck, you should refer to me as Mudd the First. Ruler of this entire sovereign planet."

Kirk stepped forward. I rubbed my eyes. I could feel my head starting to ache, not enough sleep I suppose. "Harry, I want control of my ship returned immediately. We have no intention of staying as your guests."

This seemed like it was going to be a problem. "Well, I'm afraid, there's a bit of a problem there." Kirk tried to call the enterprise but this Harry fellow had one of the androids take and crush the communicator. "Now, now, now, now, Jamie Boy, let's have no unauthorised communications." This was going to be a long day. Apparently this man was not only a thief, but a swindler, and a lot of other things. The captain supposedly left him in jail but that was not where he stayed.

This man looked like he was trying to sell us on this planet. "Mudd! I want that trained machine of yours, Norman, to deactivate the trigger mechanism, and free my ship." I was getting the distinct feeling this wasn't going to work. "I'm telling you now!"

Their voices escalated, the captain did not want to deal with this, that much was certain. "And I do the telling on this planet, Kirk, old boy! You do the listening!" The gall this man had to speak to the captain in such a manner was atrocious. Neither of them was getting any headway. The captain said he would listen, but to what were we listening? "Oh, merely that you might as well start enjoying yourselves. It's really a very nice place, and you're all going to be here, uh, quite probably, for the rest of your lives."

I froze up. No, there was absolutely no way I could stay here, on this planet until I died. Mudd laughed, my eyes widened as I realized the situation I was in. My life's work was on the enterprise... if I wasn't aboard that ship... what was I going to do?I felt my knees buckle, causing me to start falling. Luckily I was standing next to Spock and McCoy so they both caught me before I hit the floor. Kirk noticed this and ran over to me immediately.