Chapter 36 ~ Life Update

Ash's P.O.V 

Weeks had passed and time had been spent. The summer was flooding away from me as I sat in turmoil over what had become my of life. I know I should have spent this summer like I did last. Where the days seemed to have gone on forever, because I'd spent them with the person I loved. It was exciting, it was new. But this summer, nothing is like how it used to be. 

Riker is great. He really is. And the more time I spend with him the more I see myself ending up with him. Not that either of us had made a move. 

I've also done a lot of thinking on possible career paths. Riker wants to go solo. R5 had built up enough of a fan base that he could go on by himself. No one else seems to care about starting the band up again. Rydel's going back into dance, for example. Riker loves music, just like the rest of them and he wants it to be his full time career. So I'd thought about songwriting. 

I'd never have the courage or the stage presents to be a performer, but I do love to write music. It still manages to astound me that the song Tom stole from me last hear ended up going so viral. Riker thinks it's a good idea. That way we can work together. 

He's spoken to R5's old label, Hollywood Records, but is seeing other labels about being signed, as he felt he had to be overly 'clean' with HR. His family has been surprisingly supportive, their eager for him to get back to doing what he loves. No word from Ross though. I'm not sure anyone in the family has heard much from him since he moved. 

But what I did hear was that the premiere of his newest move was being moved forward dramatically. I think it's called 'The Other Side of Fame'. Ross told me a bunch about it when he was filming it only a few months ago. It's premiering in a month which is crazy. I'm just starting to see advertising everywhere. It's so weird to see his face on billboards and on the sides of buses. 

I only know about the movie because Ross had sent out invitations to the premiere. I was surprised to find one addressed to me, but Riker assured me that Ross did want us to still be friends in the future. I guessed this was a gesture.

 Dan had lent me some cash for the bills since he's swimming in money and I'm unemployed. I promised to pay him back when I get some income again. But I figured that wouldn't happen until RIker gets signed and there's some producers to fund the making on an album. But I wouldn't have to wait as long as I'd thought for that. 

It was yesterday that Riker got a call from RCA, who offered a 2 year contract, a full length album and as much studio time as he needed. #RikerGoingSolo is already trending. I'm already feeling so much more safe, in terms of income and job security. 

It's amazing how your entire opinion of yourself and your life can change in just a few weeks. 

~~~

A/N: Okay, so yes, this chapter is one of my shortest ever. And this is why... 

Here Comes Forever is flopping. The amount of reads, votes, and comments have dropped an insane amount. Clearly people are much less interested in it now. And that's okay. I am too, to be honest. 

I've been posting so much less frequently because I've been so wrapped up in writing the new story. A part of my has lost interest in this story and I can see that it has for many of you as well. I'm trying to end this story quickly, because the ending will the best part, and I just want to accelerate to that. There's no need for a whole page of conversation between two characters. Ash is living her life pretty normally, and nothings going on just so. 

So please understand why this chapter is purely used to skip some time ahead and fill you in on what's been happening. I can't wait to bring you guys my next story because I'm so much more passionate about the story line. But I will finish this series for all of you that have stuck by me for so long and have shared your support through the whole thing (and I'm also so excited to see how y'all react to the finale).

Love, Char xx.