Chapter 14(Spider's make Hard Choices)

Start from the beginning

Peter smiled, "I don't have a choice do I?"

"Nope."

"But what if Mr. Stark notices the earpiece?"

"He already knows of my existence and you made the piece practically invisible."

"Alright." Peter said before giving the ceiling a stern look. "But you will not to anything to endanger yourself. That means no confronting JARVIS. Understood?"

"That piece of junk wouldn't be any competition for me, as my name suggests."

Peter glared at the ceiling for a moment longer before his expression softened. "RAAJA, please? I can't.. I can't lose you."

RAAJA seemed to hum for a moment before relenting, "Alright Peter. But if you are attacked nothing will stop me from doing anything I can to protect you."

"Ok."

"Now let's go to your internship."

-----

Peter walked into the lab eyes flickering around the workspace. Mr. Stark was standing by one of the tables seemingly expecting him. Peter nearly walked out right then but that would only be more suspicious. What caught his attention next was the T.V. playing the news at the other side of the room. Peter wondered why Mr. Stark would have the news playing while in his lab but he figured it was just to provide background noise or let the man know if he needed to go be Iron Man, but as far as Peter knew the Avengers didn't really step in for local crimes and emergencies; they really only helped with the more global risks.

"Hey, kid."

"Hello, Mr. Stark."

Mr. Stark rolled his eyes, "Call me Tony, Mr. Stark makes me feel old."

Peter nodded but didn't say anything.

Tony nods in the direction of a table littered with random parts. "I want you to build me something out of that. It has to be able to do something." With that Tony turns back to his table where an Iron Man suit is laid out, its innerworkings visible.

Peter hesitates for a second, biting his lip, before heading over to the table and setting his backpack down. "RAAJA," Peter whispers.

"Yes, Peter?" Peter sighs in relief that the communicator works.

"Can you play some music, please?"

"What kind of music?"

"How about some musical numbers?" Peter feels himself relax as the soundtrack for Les Misérables starts playing through his earpiece. He hums along sometimes mouthing the words as his hands pick through the pile of parts, sorting and categorizing as his mind thinks of what he could build out of these things before him. Ideas and schematics fly through his head. His eyes land on what appears to be the parts of an old computer. His hands start gathering the necessary parts as his mind races forming schematics for what he has in mind.

Peter's not sure how long he works before RAAJA's voice breaks through the earpiece.

"Peter, I think you should look at the T.V."

Startled from his thoughts, Peter glances up and his eyes widen. The news anchor is saying something about a fire. An apartment complex is in flames behind him.

Peter stays frozen. What should he do? He desperately wants to go be Spiderman, but something about the situation is nagging at the back of his mind. His spider sense tingling the slightest bit.

"What should I do?" Peter whispers, wary of JARVIS listening in.

RAAJA is silent for long enough that Peter's afraid something went wrong with the earpiece. Finally she answers. "I don't know."

Peter huffs in frustration. "That's not helpful."

"They need Spiderman, but we also need to be careful that Mr. Stark doesn't get suspicious. You need to stay safe."

Peter nods forgetting that here in the tower RAAJA can't see him. His mind races for an excuse.

"Uh, Mr. Stark?" the man turns towards him. "I, uh, need to go. I forgot that I was meeting with, um, a friend today." Peter desperately hopes that all the practice from the lies he's had to tell since Spiderman make him convincing enough to fool the genius billionaire.

"Sure, kid. Go ahead." Mr. Stark says and Peter has to keep himself from sagging in relief.

"Sorry, Mr. Stark." he says and is out of the room before Mr. Stark has a chance to say another word.

Tony stands still for a second before glancing at the T.V. to confirm what he thought. There was a fire, something that would definitely attract a vigilante. Tony sighs. "Why did it have to be this kid?" he says to the empty room. He looks over to where the kid had been working. He raises his eyebrows at what appears to be a small metal cylinder, what could that possible be? He doesn't want to go after the kid. Afterall he's just a kid and he himself started out as a vigilante. But orders are orders and despite how much Tony enjoys disobeying them he can understand why Fury wants to keep tabs on Spiderman. The kid's powerful and to have a guarantee that he was on their side as well as his identity and stats would certainly make the Pirate happy, and that would get him to leave the Avengers alone. So, with the resignation that comes with doing something you know you'll later regret, Tony calls the suit and heads out to confront Spiderman.

I'm so so so so so sorry it took me so long to update.  Life has been kind of crazy lately.  I can't guarantee that the next chapter will be out quicker but I'll try.  

thanks for reading!

Votes and comments are appreciated

till next time

sayonara peoples