ocean of emotion 1982

His fingers gently trace circles in the palms of my hand, goosebumps covering my skin at the sensation of his touch combined with the gentle, but chilly autumn Southern Californian winds. He wraps the wool blanket tighter around us, kicking some sand up onto his bare feet. His legs spread out to fit my form inbetween them, I lay my head on his chest, feeling and listening to his chest contracting with every inhale . . . And releasing with every exhale as we bask in the scintillating glow of the setting sun reflecting in the rolling waves. He intertwines his fingers with mine, resting our hands in my lap. He has always had a way of easing my spirit into utter bliss and euphoria. I'd never felt at such ease— Never have I worried so little, but at the same time I've never thought so much. My mind struggles to comprehend every detail of the moment. I couldn't ever describe the type and the amount of love I feel for him. I try to memorize the feeling of his warmth- His long fingers weaved between my own petite ones, the way his arm protectively wraps around my frame to reach my other hand, the way he leaves soft kisses in my hair. We haven't even spoken a word since we sat down. But its never an awkward silence. We're merely taking in each other's essence. My eyes begin to feel heavier as time goes on, but I don't want to close them or fall asleep. I never want to leave this moment. I feel his gaze on me, his stare never breaking, but carefully analyzing every one of my features. His warm breath tickles my cheek, causing my cheeks to burn up at how close his face is to my own as he continues to closely watch me, his long eyelashes fluttering as his eyes scan my entire form. He leans forward to plant several small kisses along my temple, adding more pressure with the last drawn out peck, before he rests his cheek on top of my head. He hums a sweet song I can't seem to recognize, the vibration of his vocal chords sending chills down my spine. He caresses the back of my hand with his thumb, his song attracting my attention.
     "What are you singing?" I question, breaking the peaceful silence.
     "It's how I feel about you," He responds in a beautiful silky tone, and with a content sigh, his voice softens before he continues, "Please love me forever." He pleads, his arms tightening around me,
     "For all time, my love," I hum assuringly in response, turning to face him and leaving pecks along his jaw.