CHAPTER 4 - BY THE WAY

Disclaimer: I don't own Gilmore Girs. If I did, believe me, it would have turned out quite differently. There is a brief adapted dialogue from 5x12 in this chapter.

A/N: Yes, I'm rocking this thing called updating! Thank you guys for sticking with my story. I hope you're having fun!

This is a smaller chapter, kind of a filler, but just because next chapter is possibly the biggest chapter I ever wrote in my entire life. I know you are interested to know more about Logan and Jess' relationship, but I need to develop Rory and Logan' relationship first.  I guess this is a fun chapter!

Now, I'd like to talk to you, my dear lurkers. Today is a good opportunity to leave me a review for the first time! I want to meet new readers.

My loyal readers, as always, please review. ❤︎

CHAPTER 4 – BY THE WAY

It was calm, dark and — most important — private outside the frat house, which was why Logan had brought this girl there.

She'd had a lot to drink today, and when she drank, she got loud and obnoxious.

She was also pissed at him at the moment.

"I don't think there's anything more to discuss, about why you keep dragging your feet about the two of us moving forward."

Yeah that so wasn't happening. "We talked about that before, I think it's time to go home."

He'd brought her outside the party in the hopes of cooling her down.

"We've been dating two whole weeks! Don't you think it's time we make it official?"

It had been the most awful two weeks of his entire life. Okay, maybe not at the beginning. This girl was a knockout. A golden-brown complexion with long dark hair, very dark eyes, and curves that just didn't quit, but there was something quirky about her that turned Logan off. Perhaps it was because he'd noticed she didn't hold her liquor well, and when she drank, she was not a fun drunk. She was loud, obnoxious and she insulted his friends. Whenever she allowed him to be around his friends.

She wasn't his girlfriend. He barely knew her, as a matter-of-fact. Still, somehow she'd grown more demanding of his time. Whenever they weren't together, she wanted to know where he was and how soon he was coming over. In other words, she wanted him to be hers.

He was so not on board with that.

So now he had to redirect her and calm her down before things got out of hand. "How about we go home and tomorrow I'll buy you a little something?"

She pushed his chest. "I don't give a shit about presents. I want you to make a commitment to me."

He sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. He didn't want to do this here, but she hadn't left him much of a choice. "That's not gonna happen. I don't do commitment and I like to be with women who don't buy into the whole commitment thing, either. I've told you before. "

She poked at his chest. "You know what? You're a jerk. I thought we were heading somewhere. You led me to believe—" He was going to have to stop her there. "I never made promises to you."

And now the tears. He'd seen a lot of those lately, too. Especially when she'd been drinking. "I thought we were in love, Logan."

"I never said that, either."

She broke down then and sobbed. Well, shit. He walked over to her and pulled her into his arms. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry my ass. You're not sorry at all." He didn't know how a woman could be so drunk, yet so accurate, but her knee hit his crotch at just the right angle, and he went down like a fighter who'd just been blasted by a perfect punch. Lights out.