Chapter 5

Your Pov

"Light was found dead this morning..."

I looked up at Ryuzaki who's eyes were wide. Wide with sadness, surprise and worry.

"That...That can't be..."

"You can't believe it too right? It was crazy. I walk past Light's house on my way to college and I just saw the house covered with that police tape they use for big crime scenes. That's when I knew something was fishy. I ran over there and the family told me they found him dead this morning. His face was burning in a boling pot on the stove..."

"Sounds like something out of a horror game..." Ryuzaki said.

"I wish it was a horror game, but it's real life. Light is no longer with us..."

Ryuzaki remained silent. I could tell he was having a hard time. Him and Light seemed like pretty close friends...

"Are you okay...?" I ask him.

He just nodded slowly. I feel bad for him.

"If you don't mind me asking...how did he die?"

"...He was found with his face in a boiling pot..."

"Can you be more specific? How did it happen...?"

I took a second before answering:

"Well, Mrs Yagami told me that the police couldn't find any fingerprints anywhere in the house, that didn't match up to anyone other than the people who lived in that house. So that means it couldn't have been a murder. If that were the case, there would be DNA of some sort somewhere! But they found nothing! Which means...it's highly likely that Light committed suicide..."

L's Pov

Good. No one found any evidence. I expected them not to anyway.
The costume I was wearing then was hand made by me so that it covers every feature of me (except my eyes cause I need to see). But it was also made so that no matter what it touches, it will not have leave any fingerprints anywhere! The material I used was definitely helpful for this situation anyway.

"Are you okay Ryuzaki? You're pretty quiet" (Y/N) asked me.

"Huh? Well...I'm disappointed that a friend of mine presumably committed suicide. How do you think I feel?"

"You're right...I'm sorry" she looked away.

"Sorry. I'm just confused..."

"Huh?"

"It just doesn't make sense! Why would he commit suicide?!" I shout. I had to sound believable to (Y/N)!

"I understand you're upset, but please try to calm down! We'll get nowhere if we get emotional like this!" (Y/N) said, trying to calm me down.

"You're right. I apologise..."

"You have nothing to apologise for. Of course it isn't easy to simply move on from losing a dear friend."

I nod.

"I do get what you mean though. As long as I've known Light, he's always been so confident about everything and he had so many goals and ambitions that he never gave up on. He swore to me that he would achieve them so that he could become the person he truly wanted to be. So...why would he kill himself when he had his life balanced out the way he wanted...?" (Y/N) asked.

"I guess we have no choice but to let the police continue with their investigation before we start saying anything else..." I replied.

(Y/N) nods.