Painful Memories And Hershey's Park

Start from the beginning

"Get. Out." He walked away with Pepper and Rhodey hot on his heels.

"Tony!" Pepper scolded and Tony just ignored. He got to his lab and entered, the two still following behind him.

"You didn't have to punch that guy, Tones." Rhodey tried to reason and Tony turned to him sharply.

"I'm sorry, what? I didn't have to punch that bastard?" Tony retorted and Pepper crossed her arms.

"No, you did not." She narrowed her eyes and Tony turned to her.

"What would you do, Pep?" He asked and she was confused.

"Do about what?" Rhodey interjected and Tony turned back to his desk, picking up a random tool. He stayed silent and gripped the tool tightly, before throwing it across the room and shattering the glass.

"When your son is so terrified that he flinches when his own father goes to hug him! That guy was the last person with him and he wouldn't tell me what the fuck he did!" Tony exclaimed, tears of anger and hurt falling down his cheeks. Pepper was stunned and Rhodey put a hand on Tony's shoulder.

"Give him a bit, I'm sure he'll come to you. I can see if he'll talk to me if you'd like?" Rhodey asked and Tony sighed.

"Please Rhodes? It's killing me that he's terrified of me." Tony explained sadly and sat down in his chair. Rhodey nodded and walked upstairs, leaving Pepper and Tony in his lab.

"You okay?" Pepper asked softly, sitting in his lap and Tony put his hand on her lower back.

"No.. Why, Pepper? I just got him back. Why is it every time I have him warmed up to me and everything is going alright, something happens that brings everything down? Why?" Tony whispered and Pepper frowned. Her heart felt heavy, especially seeing Tony so distraught. 

"I don't know Tony, I'm sorry." She kissed his forehead and held his head to her chest in a way of comfort. 

×××××××××××××With Rhodey×××××××

"Peter?" Rhodey asked as he walked into the 5-year-olds room and he froze when he saw Peter still in tears, curled up on the bed. He walked closer and Peter flinched as he heard footsteps. He curled up tighter and Rhodey stopped. "Peter, baby, what's wrong?" He asked in a soft whisper and Peter shook his head.

"G-go away." Peter whispered and Rhodey frowned.

"I can't do that." He answered and Peter looked up at him quickly but refused to move any further.

"W-why?" 

"Because my favorite nephew is curled up on the bed crying and no one knows why, while my best friend; who happens to be my nephew's father, is upset as well in his lab. He's worried about you Peter." Rhodey's voice went to a whisper and Peter frowned, tears coming to a slow stop.

"He-he's upset?" Peter whispered and Rhodey nodded. "W-why?" He asked and Rhodey took a cautious step forward, watching for Peter's reaction.

"His son is upset and it's his birthday. Peter, he really cares about you. He loves you more than anything in this world. Nothing- no one could ever get that man to stop drinking. After his... parents died, he started drinking more. You came into his life and he barely touches alcohol. You've changed my best friend for the better." Rhodey finally reached Peter and he bolted into the elder's arms. Rhodey held him as he cried and rubbed his back.