chapter 2: rainy day

A/N: this chapter is really sad. If you don't like talking about discrimination or depression I would recommend you skim over this.

Vince pov.

I was laying down in my bed, I had just gotten home from the office. I got up and decided to grab the mail on the counter, my best friend/neighbour Kasey had dropped my mail off for me earlier. Me and Kasey have been friends since the third grade, and I couldn't get rid of her if I tried.

I started to scroll through the bills and saw a letter from my mom in it, seeing as she lives thirty minutes away and never texts me (even though she doesn't care) I was a little worried. I opened the letter and found out it was a letter of her passing. She had died three days ago and no one had bothered to tell me. Her memorial was a week away, and I wouldn't know if I would have enough money to make it.

I started to cry, at first just silent tears, but then I started to sob as my breathing got uneven and my hands started to shake.

'Of course... something had to ruin today'
'God I'm so fucking pathetic. Why are you crying over someone who didn't even care about you?'
'No wonder why your alone, once they see the real you they all want to leave.'
'you're nothing but a worthless faggot'

The thoughts had gotten overwhelming, the voices doing nothing but shouting negative words. I grabbed my phone and called my therapist and close friend, my breathing still uneven as I held the phone to my face and listened to it ring

"You've reached doctor Jones, are you look-"

"Hey Kai.. can you come over? I uhh.. I need to talk."

"I'm on my way"

The line went dead and I dropped my phone to the floor, collapsing onto the bed and crying even harder. I knew that my mother didn't really love me but I still loved her, even when she kicked me out after I came out of the closet to her.

"hey mom, can we talk?"

"Sure sweetie, what is it? How was school?"

"Well school was fine...."

"Is something the matter? You seem sad about something"

"Mom, I like boys.. I like like them. I want to be with one..."

"What the fuck did you say? No son of mine is going to go suck face with another boy, I wouldn't raise some worthless faggot. If you like men get out of my house and never come back because I didn't raise a piece of shit faggot."

"..you.. Mom? I don't wanna leave..."

"Don't call me that. Your no son of mine you piece of shit ."

It's been three years since that happened. I went to go live with Kasey after that because her mother accepted me like I was her own son. A few minutes later I heard a knock on my door.

"It's open!!"

I watched Kai run into my room. She dropped down next to me and hugged me, rubbing circles into my back.

"Hey.. Hey come on tell me what's wrong."

"I.. f..found out m...mom died.."

I couldn't even speak because it had felt like someone had stepped on my throat. I felt her hug me tighter.

"How did you find out? I thought she didn't care about you and didn't want you around.."
I started to calm down, my breathing getting softer and deeper, I wasn't shaking anymore after a few minutes. I pulled back and looked at Kai and handed her the letter, watching her read it