Looking for Alaska entry

What am I doing? What if this doesn't go as well as planned? My name is London Tomson, I'm from a small town called Longdale. Nothing ever happens there, and I mean nothing. I've lived there my entire life and I still don't know how the sheriff station is running. I mean they have nothing to do. I guess you can call me a good girl, but I don't feel like I've even made that much character in my personality.  I'm a blank canvas ready to be painted on and it's been a long time coming.

Just last week, I graduated and I didn't even feel accomplished, so at that moment I knew I had to do something with my life. So here I am, sitting in the economy section on this plane, set destination, London. I know, the irony of someone named London going to London. I thought it would make this trip a little more interesting.

"Everyone may I get your attention please, we'll be landing in approximately ten minutes. The weather in London..."

I tuned out the rest, all I knew was that I would be in a new city, in another country. Not to mention this is my first time on a plane, and I hope the pilot doesn't crash the plane during landing. The plane, fortunately, landed safely, I think. I made my way through the airport and picked up my bag I called the adventure pack. I finally took one step out into my new world.

Great, I am in this giant city and I've been walking for an eternity, and I still have no idea where I'm going. Oh look, a hotel, just what I was looking for. And it seems that the center of the city isn't too far from here. Using the money that I had saved up for college I pay for a room. I decided to take a gap year for my "year of adventure". So I should have a good amount of money saved up until I get a job. I can't stay in this hotel forever so eventually I would have to find a place to stay.

The next morning, now that I've settled I was finally able to get out. Walking the streets of London was very different from my home town. It's a lot more crowded here. About fifteen minutes later, I stumbled across a cute coffee shop. On the door, they had a sign saying they were hiring.

I walked into the shop the smell of coffee hitting me in the face. There was a pretty girl working behind the counter smiling while taking everyone's order. She seemed nice, but she seemed swamped with all these customers.

"Sorry, excuse me," she finally notices me.

"Hi, sorry, I'm here for the job position."

"Oh thank god, do you think you can start now?"

"Now?"  She nods shoving an apron in my hand.

So this is the start of my world of adventure, I can't wait!