This Is Gonna Be Hard For The Next Three Months In The Sengoku

Mulai dari awal

"Oh, Lord Mitsunari, is that you?" A merchant called out to him.

"I'm glad to see you. I was just about to send a messenger your way."

"Good day, is there something you needed from me?"

"I heard information from some of the other merchants and knew you'd want to hear it. Lately, the Uesugi clan has been buying up large quantities of rice."

"That's very telling."

My helpful guardian angel once more became a warlord, intent on his stewardship.

"I'd like to hear more about that, but, unfortunately-"

He didn't say as much but, Mitsunari was turning him down for me. 

'Oh boy, if this is about the war, it's gotta be way more important than my tour.'

"It's all right, Mitsunari. I'll be fine on my own."

"Are you certain, Alex?"

"Yeah, and I know my way back to the castle, thanks to you."

"I'm sorry I couldn't show you more. I promise to make it up to you. Here's some money if you see anything you wish to buy."

He handed me a heavy bag of coins. It seemed more than enough, judging by what I'd seen.

"You shouldn't. I don't have any way to pay you back."

"There's no need to pay me back. You are our chatelaine. Learning about Azuchi is part of your job. I find the best way to do that is to do more than observe, it is to try the food and the products for yourself. This isn't pocket money as much as it's living expenses to help you as you learn."

"Well, I suppose you're right, however, I'll return any change to you tonight."

"I'd be happy if you used all of it, as long as you enjoyed yourself. Just don't stay out too late. I worry about your safety, a woman walking alone at night."

"*Chuckle* I can take care of myself, so try not to worry too much. I love a nighttime walk considering the fact that I'm a bit of a nocturnal animal."

Mitsunari looked at me surprised as I waved bye to him. As I walked through the town, I checked out all different kinds of stalls and then I came across one that was selling sugar candy. I was in luck since there was one bag of them left.

"I'm in luck," I mumbled before approaching the merchant.

"Excuse me, I'd like to purchase this bag of sugar candy."

"Of course, here you go."

I paid the merchant and I tucked the bag of sugar candy in my kimono. I continued to look around town until the scent of food caught my attention. I sniffed the air and it led me to a restaurant called 'Shiki'.

"*Whines* Alex stop standing there! get some food in your belly!"

"I'm already on it, Shadow."

I told her with a small smile on my face. I pushed past the curtain and stepped inside. 

"Welcome to Shiki. Take any seat available."

"Thanks, this place has a nice name."

The friendly owner told me his wife had chosen it. It was named for the four seasons. Fittingly, the menu was seasonal. It would have to be in this period, by necessity. I ordered tempura udon along with a drink of water and I was ready to tuck in. I tried the tempura and it was delicious.

"It's good, be sure to give my compliments to the chef."

"Thank you, miss. I will," The waitress told me before heading back to work.