Sage watched the twisted woman carefully. There were men and women surrounding them, scattered around the room, blending in with the shadows. Bellatrix laughed gleefully, her wand shimmering in the dim candlelight. She faced Sage, her lips curling into a deadly smirk. Her heels clacked on the floor as she walked towards Sage once more. Her wand traced the side of Sage's face, the cool touch of the wood causing Sage to flinch. Bellatrix giggled as Sage shut her eyes tightly.

"What's wrong, Wittle Whitaker?" Bellatrix taunted as she squatted down to Sage's height. "Are you scared?"

ARE YOU SCARED? ARE YOU SCARED? ARE YOU SCARED? ARE YOU SCARED? ARE YOU SCARED? ARE YOU- "No." Sage grunted, her body aching as she spoke. Bellatrix growled, her wand now digging underneath Sage's chin. Sage trembled in pain as stared Bellatrix down. (Truth be told, Sage was terrified, but she would be damned if she told this to Bellatrix.) Bellatrix tsked as she dug her wand deeper, causing Sage to whimper in pain.

"Wrong answer, sweets."

In a swift movement and a flash of light, Sage was on the floor writhing in pain. Bellatrix cackled as her wand shot streams of agony towards Sage. She could feel every ounce of rage that Bellatrix had burning through her veins. A part of her wanted to just let go and give in to the torment. Maybe this was it, maybe it was her time to go. Bellatrix didn't let up. She danced around the screaming girl, as if her suffering was her favorite song. Her back arched as another wave of pricking pain filled her body. Tears flowed steadily down her red checks, her voice raspy from her violent screams. Her vision was littered with black and white dots.

His voice entered her mind like a memory. Sweet, sweet Alaric. Just let go, sweet girl. He whispered. Sage wanted to fight, but the calming lull of his voice numbed her pain. Just let go, Sage. And just like that, Sage let go.

Bellatrix released Sage from the curse, a fake pout pulling at her lip. "Trying to die already? Pity, I just got started with you, girl."

"Wormtail! Take her to the cellar with the others." Bellatrix demanded as she stood up. "She has information that will be useful to the Dark Lord."

When Sage came to, a damp rag was being pressed against her forehead. For a moment, she thought she was back at Grimmauld Place, Hermione by her side. A groan left her lips as more pressure was applied to her bruised skin.

"Sage?" A voice called out, a mixture of Alaric's sweet tone and Draco's worried voice.

"Sage?" The voice called again. She wanted so desperately to answer, but only another string of groans and mumbles left her mouth. Her eyes fluttered open, sending strings of pain down her body as she tried to force herself out of her groggy state. Everything around her was blurred, the orange glow of a candle light swirled in her sight mixing with the shadows of the malfoy manor. Her eyes focused on the figure in front of her, shockingly blonde hair contrasted greatly with the darkness around them.

"Sage?" The voice called, and Sage finally put a face to the voice. Draco Malfoy studied the beaten and bruised girl. He pushed her hair from her face, his bottom lip trembling as he wiped the dried blood from her forehead. Deep purple and yellow hues were painted across her skin, blending with the vivid red that trickled from the cuts that were scattered across her porcelain skin. She looked like a ghost of the girl she used to be, and to Draco, that was heartbreaking.

His hand rested on her cheek, the pad of his thumb gentle swiped. Sage lifted her arm, her hand resting on his.

"I'm so sorry." Draco choked out, tears building in his eyes. He looked tired Sage noted. His face was sunken in and aged. He looked as if he were an oil painting with shades of white and gray creating an almost statuesque figure. Sage's heart ached at the sight. Her hand lifted to his cheek, her thumb brushing the tears that fell away. Draco leaned into her touch, trying to muffle his cries. "I'm sorry."

When Sage was born, she didn't cry, but now, tears trickled from her bruised eyes. 

A/N:

this chapter  is long overdue, but i'd rather update with something i'm proud of than something that is half-assed. thank you guys for being patient. Sage's story means so much to me and I am glad you guys are here for the ride. 

also i'm extremely proud of this chapter! let me know what you guys think of it! what is your favorite part? what do you guys think is gonna happen next?

Leave a comment and vote! See y'all in another year lmao

until next time

-outlaws